Whipple sound at startup ????

WikedCobra

Established Member
I just installed a Whipple last Thursday. The car runs great. However, I have noticed that when I start the car up (cold) there is a loud sucking noise coming from/through the CAI (JLT RAI). The noise goes away after 5-10 seconds (the idle drops from about 1,300rpms down to about 850rpms). When the car is warm, it sounds normal. I checked the oil and it's at the correct level on the site plug. I've also looked everywhere and I don't see any vaccum leaks. I do have the Accufab TB, but I don't know if that makes a difference. The car did make the same sound, only louder, the first time it was started after the Whipple was installed. Again, the sound went away after about 10 seconds. Hopefully this is normal. However, since I never noticed this sound on the eaton I thought I would ask.

Thanks.

Last edited:

mosconiac

Established Member
By your description, the noise is tied to the high idle. The high idle would pull more air through the IAC...so that might be causing your noise. Maybe the interface between the Accufab & the IAC is causing it?

Users who are viewing this thread