Whipple whine sound tube mod

roh92cp

Established Member
Well boys persistence paid off and I can now report they're is a viable way with the sound tube to dramatically increase the twin screw whine inside the car. My early efforts never produced a significant increase in interior whine despite my many efforts and different sound tube location and pipe size. Today I moved the inlet to the air box and increased the size of the inlet to 1.75" OD. I used a steel pipe thread from the hardware store and cut off the push on end to shorten it then slipped a 1.5 ID hose on it and then used a smaller 1.25" ID hose to the large open end of the stock sound tube. I did also shorten the hard pipe of the sound tube in my case towards the back of the firewall.

Anyway this new larger location in the air box dramatically increased the Whipple whine. Before I could barely hear the whine at 5k up and now in every gear under load at 2K rpm to redline the whine now is more than doubled. I feel like I hit the jackpot and got exactly what I wanted. I have a shuttle video I will try and down load soon.
0099bc2ddcc16a52a7314976cef1994f_zps3idx559g.jpg

9c0ea62115c7a22e744939ddf09e2c0a_zpsi0mniyoo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread