whiteline UCA and rear end humm

kingnut

Established Member
i installed my whiteline UCA last wednesday. i set it to factory specs until i could research how to set the pinion angle correctly. i have put maybe 100 miles on the car since. i can hear a humm when im on the gas at higher speeds. which i would guess is the stress on my gears. are my gears messed up? or will i still be ok as long as i fix the pinion angle? flame suit on.

also anyone in the southern pines or ft bragg area want to help me set my pinion angle? ive researched and i have no ****ing idea how to do this correctly with the whiteline setup.

Krace

Established Member
i installed my whiteline UCA last wednesday. i set it to factory specs until i could research how to set the pinion angle correctly. i have put maybe 100 miles on the car since. i can hear a humm when im on the gas at higher speeds. which i would guess is the stress on my gears. are my gears messed up? or will i still be ok as long as i fix the pinion angle? flame suit on.

also anyone in the southern pines or ft bragg area want to help me set my pinion angle? ive researched and i have no ****ing idea how to do this correctly with the whiteline setup.

Best place to take it to is a 4x4 shop (if you have them) they do this stuff all the time. The cost won't be bad at all, a guy did it here for like 25$ and a coke haha. As for the gears, I highly doubt they are messed up. They can take a lot of crap and abuse. But I'd would be looking to getting it set asap.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
Best place to take it to is a 4x4 shop (if you have them) they do this stuff all the time. The cost won't be bad at all, a guy did it here for like 25$ and a coke haha. As for the gears, I highly doubt they are messed up. They can take a lot of crap and abuse. But I'd would be looking to getting it set asap.

Hope this helps :)

:beer:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
if your UCA isn't Adjustable then you out of luck. if your running the stock 2 pc driveshaft then your fine.

13BremboGT

Established Member

Your gears are fine.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The whiteline uca is adjustable, is your car lowered? I have the same mount with no hum,my gears are 3:31's!

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Did you replace the bracket too or just the UCA? I've heard nothing but bad experiences from people who didn't replace the bracket too. Horror stories of clunks, humms, and other funny noises. I dunno how true but having seen the crappy stock bracket and my BMR bracket, I can believe it.

I replaced the stock UCA and bracket with a BMR UCA and Bracket. I developed a nasty clunk the next day, hadn't had a chance to have a shop adjust it yet. Turned out one of the bolts to hold the UCA in place was loose and was causing the clunk. I tightened it real tight and the noise went away.

Users who are viewing this thread