WhiteLine UCA, GO CHECK YOURS NOW!!!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i don't think 10 days is asking a ton out of a company that is known for great products,

waiting to hear back from my rep

86merc

Established Member
Most companies are not going to give you a full refund for a installed or used part. At least you can take the replacement arm and sell it as a new arm. More work for you, but beats being out all your money with a broke or questionable part in your hand.

At least Whiteline is willing to do something. I have seen companies tell customers to pound sand. So yeah. lol

Draiter

Established Member
Most companies are not going to give you a full refund for a installed or used part. At least you can take the replacement arm and sell it as a new arm. More work for you, but beats being out all your money with a broke or questionable part in your hand.

At least Whiteline is willing to do something. I have seen companies tell customers to pound sand. So yeah. lol

An installed and used part that is a designed, built, and material defective as acknowledged by the company. This is not a manufacturing defect.... the is s completely flawed part in it's design and construction...that is a completely different animal

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
i don't think 10 days is asking a ton out of a company that is known for great products,

waiting to hear back from my rep

Yeah I haven't had a single issue with all the other Whiteline parts I have on my car. But this part being so critical I couldn't wait especially at my hp level! I hope they authorize you to give refunds with a returned failed unit!

Last edited:

Laloosh

Established Member
10 business days for them to give me an answer? Thanks but no thanks. I am not willing to be a test subject and we all know you don't have a shot in hell selling these things on the forum even if they are new and redesigned.

Laloosh

Established Member

Pound sand? For 270 dollars I will pound sand on every forum they sell parts for. I don't tolerate shit and this is now the third part on my mustang that is complete shit. What is it with this community?

86merc

Established Member
An installed and used part that is a designed, built, and material defective as acknowledged by the company. This is not a manufacturing defect.... the is s completely flawed part in it's design and construction...that is a completely different animal

where have you seen Whiteline admit a design or manufacturing flaw/defect? I saw where they said they were looking into it. They said they were looking into it. And didn't say if they even received any of the control arms in question.

Pound sand? For 270 dollars I will pound sand on every forum they sell parts for. I don't tolerate shit and this is now the third part on my mustang that is complete shit. What is it with this community?

I have been around long enough to see company's do all kinds of things. Including having almost no customer service skills or stand behind their parts. So trust me, nothing surprises me.

We are all free to post what we want about parts and companies. Facts or otherwise. I don't blame people for being upset about this. But as you said, if you threaten to bash a company on a public forum do you think they might not feel they need to do anything for you? With you bashing them they know you are not going to buy any more parts or recommend anyone to buy their parts. They could decide to decline helping such a person out. I DO NOT think whiteline would do that. But anything is possible.

I think people should give them a chance to take a look at everything and see what they offer. Then once you have all the facts do as you please. Does anyone think they can diagnose a problem over a picture, solve the issue, manufacture replacements and get them to you overnight? Of course not. Give them a shot to make it right. If you can't wait by all means order someone else's set up and deal with what ever whiteline offers. But again, just my two cents. :D

Laloosh

Established Member
UPDATE:
I was instructed by Whiteline to contact American Muscle to begin the return policy. Five minutes later AM sent me a RMA label for full credit upon return. I would like to thank Whiteline for doing the right thing here. I was probabaly a little rude but my history with aftermarket parts on this car has been horrible.

JM LCA's bushing failure, still have them with a new bushing, bought and installed BMR instead.
Kooks Axle Back muffler packing failure, full warranty, new units sent out.
Lethal O/R Midpipe horrible fitment, full warranty with a redesigned part.
Whiteline UCA stress signs, full warranty with a refund (Purchased BMR already)

I dunno, to me it seems like some vendors need to get their shit together, however I am thankful for ever single one stepping up to the plate. I have never had this many problems with aftermarket parts for the past 12 years combined as I have had with this car alone lol. Good luck with your redesign and hopefully you get every one replaced before something serious happens.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
from whiteline

As discussed via phone we want to be proactive and get ahead of the problem by taking care of your customers that either have problems with the KTA141 Upper Control Arm. Several Mustangs were checked ranging from high HP to daily driver. From over 10 test vehicles only 1 showed any signs of fatigue. The problem looks batch related (being the later) but none the less we are taking no chances and want to ensure your customers are taken care of.

Firstly, 3 revisions have already been completed and we are in testing phase. All 3 will still utilize chromoly albeit thicker gauge material, modification to clevis design, and will still utilize our Synthetic Elastomer material. Once design and production has finalized, we will send new UCA to your customers as replacement FOC. Should you encounter any customers who are currently showing fatigue/stress, and are uncomfortable with their UCA, please have them contact our Technical Advisers at [email protected] and we will send them replacement arms to use while the new arms are being produced or if they decide to return the items we will issue your credit for returned stock.

kingnut

Established Member
here is a couple of pictures of mine. installed 2 weeks ago. about 80 miles on it. obviously its hitting the top of my rear end.

20130619_162306_zpsb15ae944.gif

20130619_162254_zpsc851ecb1.gif

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Kingnut how dare you lower your car with a 2 piece d/s....lol i gotta couple of spare 2 piecers you want em?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Ok i have a task for those of you who still have 2 piecers. Before you go to work tomorrow strap 35 extra pounds on your back and carry it all day see how your day goes...lol just funning guys!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread