Who’s number one on your playlist?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
82F0F4E5-4A2A-4DE1-93BD-E6945B5F624B.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Been trying to get my girlfriend into metal or at least trying to get her to understand it and why so many people love it, and yesterday she asked me if I wanted to go to an outdoor concert at this small biker bar out in Spanaway, WA (basically Tacoma) where I grew up. It was a tiny concert with maybe 75 people total in the whole place and the bands were no-name to me being Blue Avenue, Farmacy, and Sin Circus as the headliner. I listened to Sin Circus a little beforehand and it sounded like He Is Legend to me so I was down for that and was curious how she was going to feel about seeing hard rock/metal live. She loved it! She was up in the front jamming out to the music and loving how they were shredding on the guitar. They didn't sound anything like He Is Legend though and much more like Bullet For My Valentine so on the drive home I played some of their music and then transitioned over to As I Lay Dying's An Ocean Between Us album as I don't want her listening to that other trash lol. She still struggles with the screaming but loves how they play the instruments and the overall energy it puts off from listening to it. Still a work in progress but I think I got her hooked! Lol.

Gonna show her this so she can see what a real metal concert looks like! Haha

Carbide

Established Member
Been trying to get my girlfriend into metal or at least trying to get her to understand it and why so many people love it, and yesterday she asked me if I wanted to go to an outdoor concert at this small biker bar out in Spanaway, WA (basically Tacoma) where I grew up. It was a tiny concert with maybe 75 people total in the whole place and the bands were no-name to me being Blue Avenue, Farmacy, and Sin Circus as the headliner. I listened to Sin Circus a little beforehand and it sounded like He Is Legend to me so I was down for that and was curious how she was going to feel about seeing hard rock/metal live. She loved it! She was up in the front jamming out to the music and loving how they were shredding on the guitar. They didn't sound anything like He Is Legend though and much more like Bullet For My Valentine so on the drive home I played some of their music and then transitioned over to As I Lay Dying's An Ocean Between Us album as I don't want her listening to that other trash lol. She still struggles with the screaming but loves how they play the instruments and the overall energy it puts off from listening to it. Still a work in progress but I think I got her hooked! Lol.

Gonna show her this so she can see what a real metal concert looks like! Haha

I am diehard into metal....but...
Certain screaming/growling is a lot for even me to take.
I prefer great guitar metal bands like Lamb of God. Then I can get on board with the screams. Randy Blythe does a great job even though I can't understand all the words.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I am diehard into metal....but...
Certain screaming/growling is a lot for even me to take.
I prefer great guitar metal bands like Lamb of God. Then I can get on board with the screams. Randy Blythe does a great job even though I can't understand all the words.

I'm the same way. There has to be a good sound first and foremost and I prefer metal with more melody and technical parts and then the vocals have to fit in with the sound. The screaming can definitely be over the top or just not fit at all. As I Lay Dying got me into metal as they have always balanced it all well and are just great musicians and song writers before anything.

Users who are viewing this thread