who do you 5.0L F150 guys trust for a tune?

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
So I just picked up a 5.0L 2013 F150 FX4 Super Crew. Do you guys prefer a trusted Coyote Mustang tuner such as VMP, etc. for your F150 tune since they know the Coyote engine inside and out... or do you view the "truck specialty" guys like Omega, 5 Star, etc. as a more trusted tuner considering that the F150 is pulling around more weight, different needs, etc?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
me personally my 5.0 f150 still has the stock tune but if i did tune mines it would definitely be 5* or MPT.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Unleashed Tuning, Livernois Motorsports, MPT, JDM Engineering, 5 Star Tuning all have great reviews and excellent customer service. I dont think you can go wrong with any of them listed.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I feel like Livernois kind of fly under the radar. They have solid support. Never used their tuning but have bought products from them before. No complaints. Given can tunes are pretty generic, I wouldn't sweat the details. Do some research and look for feedback and just buy. You'll be fine with whoever you choose.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Wait, you passed on Livernois? Traitor!!! :)

I would highly recommend them for ecoboost engines. I'm not a fan of the mycal. It really is only a downloading tool.

What I liked about 5star is they were the only ones I found that specifically stated they tuned gas f250's.

Gary Macomber

Established Member
Just got a tune from Unleashed, from the time I sent the payment to the time I got the tune was about an hour. He just needed mods and vehicle information. This was on an ecoboost but the customer service was amazing and on a Sunday no less.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
VMP says they have some pretty exciting stuff coming for the F150's.
(Near the end of the video.)

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
VMP seems to be leading the way for serious F-150 power. A cold air and tune should help wake the truck up. When they release more F150 stuff, Id seriously consider their TVS supercharger kit. It will be a whole new world for you!

The tow rig they have is a crew cab 4x4 F150 Gen 2 TVS powered Coyote and it beat a Viper. No joke:

Viper owner doesnt know how to drive, but its on video that it did it

Users who are viewing this thread