Who has a blackstone griddle?

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just bought one this weekend too!!! 36" Model. Blackstone. I love cooking on that thing. Did smashburgers saturday night. Excellent.

This one. I liked the wind guards. My backyard is like a wind tunnel at times.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
I have a stupid question, do you guys notice any difference in taste from an open flame verses the griddle? I'm sure there isn't much "flavor" from an open grill on a propane.

Nanner

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a Traeger Ironwood 650 & a Weber 3 burner propane. I bought this as a flattop conversion for the Weber. Works great for $80 and fits like a glove!

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a stupid question, do you guys notice any difference in taste from an open flame verses the griddle? I'm sure there isn't much "flavor" from an open grill on a propane.
In my opinion, it's more about the technique you use to cook something that lends its flavor or suites whatever it is the you're cooking.

We have a Weber gas grill, the Blackstone Griddle, and a Kamado Joe. There are certainly meals that only get cooked on a specific grill. For example cedar plank salmon is only done on the Kamado.

I've used a large cast iron plancha on the Weber and didn't think it offered the space and heat similar to the Blackstone. Fajitas, hibachi, fried rice, breakfast (including pancakes) are right at home on the griddle.

I'm anxious to see how much use the Weber gets anymore.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

I dont see much flavor difference between how anything is cooked that's not charcoal or wood tbh

Nanner

Established Member
Premium Member
In my opinion, it's more about the technique you use to cook something that lends its flavor or suites whatever it is the you're cooking.

We have a Weber gas grill, the Blackstone Griddle, and a Kamado Joe. There are certainly meals that only get cooked on a specific grill. For example cedar plank salmon is only done on the Kamado.

I've used a large cast iron plancha on the Weber and didn't think it offered the space and heat similar to the Blackstone. Fajitas, hibachi, fried rice, breakfast (including pancakes) are right at home on the griddle.

Get you an Anova Sous Vide, you'll only use the Weber for reverse searing....Only way I'll cook a steak from now on.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member

I dont see much flavor difference between how anything is cooked that's not charcoal or wood tbh
Thanks guys, I didn't think there would be much difference but I guess I was thinking open flame verses a hot surface.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My only problem with a Blackstone is a lack of thermal mass in the cooking surface.

For the price, I don't think you can beat the Blackstone, Campchef, etc. Something with more (proper) thermal mass will triple price and installation requirements.

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I get a different taste...not substantial however.

I wouldnt do a steak on my blackstone unless im doin a hibachi style dish.

flash0080

Established Member

Dont discount a steak on it. I cook filets almost every weekend on mine and they are absolutely delicious!!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I have a Traeger Ironwood 650 & a Weber 3 burner propane. I bought this as a flattop conversion for the Weber. Works great for $80 and fits like a glove!

Can you put that on a pellet grill? I would think the heat area would be small.

noco5.0

Established Member

If I don't want to mess with my PK360 I'll start a steak on my pellet grill to get some flavor then sear on my Blackstone...works great.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I got one last year. Best purchase I've made in a long time. I use it multiple times a week. Smash burgers, Philly cheese steaks, hibachi, fajitas, crunch wrap supreme, meal prepping chicken breast ect ect ect..

Good food, easy clean up.

Nanner

Established Member
Premium Member
Can you put that on a pellet grill? I would think the heat area would be small.
No, I tried - my traeger gets to 500 - and at that temp to sear properly it would take a few more minutes and cook the inside.

Heating up your propane or whatever grill to 600 is the way to go for black marks and taste without cooking the sous vide more is my preference

Users who are viewing this thread