Who has a blackstone griddle?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Dont discount a steak on it. I cook filets almost every weekend on mine and they are absolutely delicious!!
Oh ive done it when doing hibachi...but im never gonna do a ribeye on it lol

A filet is perfect for hibachi

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I have a 22" at home, and keep a 17" in my camper. I use them both all the time, chicken fried rice, hibachi style, chicken tortellini (seriously), breakfast, etc. I got my 17" for the camper in the spring and found myself bringing it home all the time. Not sure how I didn't discover flat top cooking sooner!

patc84

Established Member
no griddle yet, i have 2 weber kettles and a big green egg.

i have the cast iron insert for the egg and works on the weber too!

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I did quasi-hibachi wagyu, seared tuna, sauteed mushrooms & onions, and crispy cubed potatoes last night. I'm really digging this thing. The fam was most impressed.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I went with a Camp Chef. Bought it slightly before the Blackstone craze. The CS is a bit more portable and breaks down smaller, which works great with the camper. The other nice thing is that it has two large circular burners, and you put whatever cooking surface you want on it. I use the large flat griddle, but there are all kinds of different surfaces, or can remove the top and use it as two individual 36000 BTU pot burners.

Love being able to fry an entire pack of bacon in 15-20 min. Then finish up with eggs, pancakes, etc.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Forgive my ignorance but what the heck’s a smash burger? I just barely learned what a “smash cake” is too.

Love my black stone, it works great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Forgive my ignorance but what the heck’s a smash burger? I just barely learned what a “smash cake” is too.

Love my black stone, it works great!!

Start with a 2-3 oz loose ball of 80/20 or 70/30 ground beef. Get griddle medium heat. I used one of my bacon presses and a piece of parchment paper. Put the ball on the griddle and use the bacon press with parchment paper to smash that sucker as thin as you can. Put a hand full of thinly sliced onion on top. Let it cook for a few minutes. Until the bottom is perfectly crusty. Flip it (onion side down) and add your choice of cheese. Go for another couple minutes. On the side melt a few tablespoons of unsalted butter and get your buns toasty. When it's all ready pile up as many burgers as you care to on a bun.

I guess it'd be a lot like White Castle but without the emergency bathroom run afterwards. :)

projectslideway

Established Member
I bought a dedicated stainless steel burger press off of Amazon for like $15, it works pretty well and cleanup is a breeze. When I apply the American cheese I like to drizzle some of the rendered fat and oil back onto the cheese to really melt the cheese. It's all about getting the crispy, lacy edges around the burger.

Nanner

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a dedicated stainless steel burger press off of Amazon for like $15, it works pretty well and cleanup is a breeze. When I apply the American cheese I like to drizzle some of the rendered fat and oil back onto the cheese to really melt the cheese. It's all about getting the crispy, lacy edges around the burger.
Yeah, you definitely need a hefty spatula or press. I use the Traeger "turner". Its strong enough and wide enough to hold a whole butt on it.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Start with a 2-3 oz loose ball of 80/20 or 70/30 ground beef. Get griddle medium heat. I used one of my bacon presses and a piece of parchment paper. Put the ball on the griddle and use the bacon press with parchment paper to smash that sucker as thin as you can. Put a hand full of thinly sliced onion on top. Let it cook for a few minutes. Until the bottom is perfectly crusty. Flip it (onion side down) and add your choice of cheese. Go for another couple minutes. On the side melt a few tablespoons of unsalted butter and get your buns toasty. When it's all ready pile up as many burgers as you care to on a bun.

I guess it'd be a lot like White Castle but without the emergency bathroom run afterwards. :)

Oh ok I gotcha! Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense as to why it’s a called a smash burger now.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I did quasi-hibachi wagyu, seared tuna, sauteed mushrooms & onions, and crispy cubed potatoes last night. I'm really digging this thing. The fam was most impressed.
Welp...im gonna have to tuna now lol

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I actually just usr my flipper to smash a burger. I make mine about 6ish ounces. Mushrooms on the side, flip, put the shrooms and cheese on and cover for a min or two till melted

Users who are viewing this thread