Who has snapped a halfshaft with the IRS FullTilt BoogieBushing kit?

Who has snapped a halfshaft with the IRS FullTilt BoogieBushing kit?

• Yes

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • No

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Broke something else

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Just curious,
I do not have the FullTilt Kit and I have NOT snapped one...just wondering
Who has snapped a halfshaft with the IRS FullTilt BoogieBushing kit?:rockon:

Last edited:

laruei

Established Member
I voted and I broke.. It wasn't the kits fault. It doesn't make the car invincible. Just better suited :)

I was on dr's and launched too hard without preloading driveline :(

See video (sorry I'm on phone):
[youtube_browser]cVHHaR1pujk[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
I have had the kit for a couple years and my half shafts are starting to go. They have 50k miles on them and I am blessed they held on this long. When I rebuilt the diff I swapped them side to side but now the pass side is making noise again. Time for a new set.

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
OP, half shafts do wear. They get play in them. Too much play and you get on it hard and they'll snap

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Guys, I appreciate the input and Keep the info coming...If ya broke one explain the circumstances.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
This makes me nervous. I did a 4k launch at the track about a week ago and a couple 3,500 launches on stock irs. I guess I better take it easy.

GodStang

Established Member
The kit is not needed. Many guys 9.5-10.5 on IRS for years and years before the kit. A good set of tires and knowing how to run an IRS setup goes a long way. You can buy 7 halfshafts for the price of the kit. I plan to get the IRS car into mid 9s without it.

laruei

Established Member
Actually the stock IRS can hold some serious HP and high RPM launches if you do it right.

By this I mean preloading the driveline when possible and most importantly using wrinkle wall tires. DR's dont really wrinkle and thus keep all the shock in the driveline which can break parts. My axles were originals with 80k miles on them thus the reason they broke. Im sure the DR's didnt help but I feel pretty sure they would have survived with some bias ply. The only issue running bias ply at a 1/4 track is at the big end with radials in front it can get pretty squirley and wrecking my car isnt worth it to me.

So I will be selling my Dr's and getting some not ET Streets with front runners :( More money (and HP) more problems I suppose.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
I call BS. Who really cares about just launching the damn car. You still have deflection in the IRS while cornering. Handling can be greatly improved with the kit. It makes a better car, PERIOD!! Ride will most likely improve also.

FireRedTermi

Established Member
I voted and I broke.. It wasn't the kits fault. It doesn't make the car invincible. Just better suited :)

I was on dr's and launched too hard without preloading driveline :(

See video (sorry I'm on phone):
[youtube_browser]cVHHaR1pujk[/youtube_browser]

What do you mean by preloading diveline?

laruei

Established Member
Let the clutch out far enough to get it spinning but not activated and tripping the lights.

Hope thats clear.

Users who are viewing this thread