Who has the BlowFishRacing Rear Caliper Brackets on their BOSS?

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
Need feedback on the BlowFishRacing Rear Caliper Brackets so you can put on the GT-500 rear rotors. Anyone have them on their Boss? I want them but curious how/if it messes up the brake proportions. And I'm curious if the stock wheels still fit.

BOSS1651

Established Member
I know Blowfish makes some very good products so I doubt you can go wrong with them. That having been said I went with a set of billet caliper relocations brackets that allow you to use the GT500 rear discs, but without having to remove the axles to do so.

Found kind of eBay and the machining quality is excellent. New bolts are also included to be used when installing the brackets. I believe they sell for about $99 bucks. I also picked up the GT500 rear discs from Rock Auto...they are genuine Ford parts. No issues at all will wheel clearance...although I am running 19” Forgestar on my 13 Boss and 19” Project 6GR wheels on my 12 Boss.

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't have the Blowfish brackets but replaced my stock ones with the GT500 brackets. The Blowfish ones are functionally identical but lighter & prettier.

Adding the rear 13.8" brakes did nothing but improve braking. I highly recommend it.

BTW, I have a base 2014 GT and upgraded the fronts to the 4-pot Brembos, and front brake ducts (Vorshlag) at the same time. I have tracked my car about 6-7 times since the upgrade and braking from 130-135 down to 40-45 is awesome and very stable.

AK Roadrunner

Established Member
How about a bracket that moves the four pot Brembos to the back so I can use the six pot Brembos from the GT500 up front?

M91196

Established Member
How about a bracket that moves the four pot Brembos to the back so I can use the six pot Brembos from the GT500 up front?

That would be killer, need to figure out the parts needed to correct proportioning on that one.
Vorschlag has a ton of good brake info if you haven’t seen it, lots of options now with the ability to put the 2015 PP stuff on the S197 fronts anyway.....
I have the GT500 rears rotors on mine strickly for eye candy.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
I think that would be severe overkill for the tires and wheels most of us have on these cars. I wouldnt be opposed to this idea though. Im more interested in cost effective improvement. A huge braking improvement with just caliper brackets and rotors for $200 is in line with my plans. An improvement in front braking would be good too but also in a reasonable budget.

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
Putting fixed calipers in lieu of sliding calipers on the back requires more than just a relocation bracket. The play in the axles will cause piston knock-back that may result in more pedal travel until the pistons/pads move out to contact the rotor again.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
Putting fixed calipers in lieu of sliding calipers on the back requires more than just a relocation bracket. The play in the axles will cause piston knock-back that may result in more pedal travel until the pistons/pads move out to contact the rotor again.
Well here I learn something every day. Never thought about that aspect of the calipers coming into play. Thanks for the input. Now its making me think about what brakes I'm upgrading to on the front end of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread