Who is into building PC's/Gaming rigs?

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
That's really not bad considering 1080 Ti's go for $800 something even when the miners aren't driving up the prices. That particular one is tempting, considering its RGB and MSI.
I was waiting until they hit $780-$830 which to me is the new normal so this was close enough. I wanted MSI, EVGA or asus. My case isnt really scene so lightning is irrelevant for me. I actually hate my big case but it makes buying video cards easy since it can fit. I've got the power and board for SLI but i havent heard good things.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Nah, I understand that. I don't particularly care for total RGB lighting, where everything is cycling the color spectrum nonstop, but I do like being able to sync everything to one color and have a theme going on. Since my setup consists solely of Corsair, aside from the MSI motherboard and GPU (which Corsair actually partnered with MSI on to provide the liquid cooling (GTX 1070 Sea Hawk)), I'm having to stick with an MSI card just for conformity purposes. I hate that I've done this to myself, but I'm already in it so deep that I might was well continue the trend. Lol

Luckily Corsair makes the RGB fans and RAM I still need.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
The video card i bought went up $249.99 over night. I'm glad i did not wait until today. Mine will be here tomorrow.

Now i just need to sell my sennhiesers and get a new head set and ill be good.

I will be keeping this video card either until it dies or until an affordable video card hits the market and can push a 4k 144hz monitor at the same fps as my 1080ti pushes my 2k 144hz to. I see zero reason for me to have a 4k monitor with 60hz.

Intervention302

Established Member
Who wants to buy my 1080 haha....

I paid 579 shipped for my 1080 FTW2 on November 11, 2017 through Amazon.

Currently 899 shipped

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Considering i refuse to buy used card, you can keep it. I checked out the local 1080's and i wasnt risking cards that have been used for gaming and/or mining. Not worth the risk.

Anyways, I was able to get a few games with the new card last night. I was getting a consistent 70fps it looked like. PUBG really isnt too optimized it seems. I cranked up the settings from low to ultra/high and the fps didnt seem to suffer any. This was not over clocked. Card ran mid to low 60's.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
I need a 1080 Ti so bad! I feel like that's the sole thing from keeping me from a heavenly 60+ FPS on GTA V cranked to the max with all my add-ons. I honestly just don't think a standard 1080 will get the job done.

Luckily every game I play supports SLI, and the possibility of two 1080 Ti's isn't out of the question, but I have to get the first one first. Lol

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I need a 1080 Ti so bad! I feel like that's the sole thing from keeping me from a heavenly 60+ FPS on GTA V cranked to the max with all my add-ons. I honestly just don't think a standard 1080 will get the job done.

Luckily every game I play supports SLI, and the possibility of two 1080 Ti's isn't out of the question, but I have to get the first one first. Lol
If i remember, ill try gtav this weekend and let you know how it runs maxed out.

Kiohtee

Established Member
If i remember, ill try gtav this weekend and let you know how it runs maxed out.

It wouldn't be apples to apples, but thanks! My 1070 can run the base GTA V game maxed out no problem. Its when you start adding graphics mods, LSPDFR, etc. that the game really starts to become extra taxing.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
It wouldn't be apples to apples, but thanks! My 1070 can run the base GTA V game maxed out no problem. Its when you start adding graphics mods, LSPDFR, etc. that the game really starts to become extra taxing.
Does redux still work with gta5? Last i read they were doing after the app that mods the game files or something like that. I reinstalled mine so i can play online with a buddy, but i had more fun doing single player mods.

edit* i googled it. It does.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Does redux still work with gta5? Last i read they were doing after the app that mods the game files or something like that. I reinstalled mine so i can play online with a buddy, but i had more fun doing single player mods.

edit* i googled it. It does.

I used NaturalVision Remastered for the longest time. Despite the rumors that part of the mod code is stolen or whatever, it is hands down the best graphics mod out there. I use Make Visuals Great Again now though, just because it doesn't tax the system quite as hard but still looks good.

Look into LSPDFR. It takes GTA V to a whole new dimension and can keep you entertained for a very long time.

helloWorld

Established Member
I was able to play GTA 5 almost completely maxed out (most of the Advanced Graphics settings kept at stock and either the post-processing AA was completely off or maybe I had MSAA at the lowest) at 1440 P at 70+ fps with naturalvision remastered and other mods.

My problem is, I am used to playing fps games on this rig at 300+ fps on high refresh rate monitors, so anything beneath 100 fps is hot garbage to me.

Edit: I should mention this is with one 1080 Ti

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Yeah, I have two folders with GTA V game files. One is strictly graphics and map add-ons, and one is LSPDFR with a couple graphics mods but no map alterations. LSPDFR gets real finicky when you try to combine a whole bunch of mods outside of its own folders. I switch between the two when I don't feel like being a cop, so I'll throw the graphics files in and have at it. I actually get better frames with the graphics files versus the police files. Lol

SVTCam

Established Member
Finally decided to upgrade my headset from cheap turtle Beach Xo Fours to the Sennheiser Game Zero's. Excited to try them out

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

These are great headphones for gaming, but make sure you have a nice sound card or external DAC/AMP to run them.. otherwise you will be sorely disappointed in them. They need additional power to get the most of out them. I have Sennheiser HD598SE's and use a FiiO E10K DAC/Amp on them and they are perfect.

Jmurrz

Established Member
These are great headphones for gaming, but make sure you have a nice sound card or external DAC/AMP to run them.. otherwise you will be sorely disappointed in them. They need additional power to get the most of out them. I have Sennheiser HD598SE's and use a FiiO E10K DAC/Amp on them and they are perfect.
I got the updated model so I don't know if I will need one. The originals were 150 ohm but the updated versions are 50 ohm. My MOBO has Asus SupremeFX so I am going to see how that sounds first.

The thing I am more worried about is losing out on the microphone monitoring (aka sidetone) that I have used for 10+ years. I have really gotten used to hearing my voice while I talk. I play at night a lot so I like being able to hear myself so I don't yell. I am hoping there is a solution in windows although from the research I have done - it is not great. Apparently you can get playback but the latency makes it feel like you are talking over yourself.

I might have to get a DAC that has that included. I was just looking at the Sennheiser GSX 1000 because it supposedly has really nice sidetone adjustments and best 7.1 surround out there. I play a lot of PUBG so I wouldn't mind a precise directional awareness. The only problem with the gsx1000 is that it is $200. I don't think I can stomach paying more for the DAC than the headset.

SVTCam

Established Member
Last time I saw, Game Zero's were $250? Did they drop in price or did you get a deal? I'm in the same boat, I'm not a fan of closed headphones, I like hearing myself & more importantly, someone coming in my room or walking behind me.

The Ohm aspect is beyond me, but all I know is that the Sennheisers thrive on an amp. I'd try it out on your mobo. My Asus Maximus VII Hero has "SupremeFX 2014 + Sonic Radar II – New and improved audio that’s beyond compare" audio and mine sucked. Once I used the DAC, it was night and day...

Let me know how it goes.

Jmurrz

Established Member
Last time I saw, Game Zero's were $250? Did they drop in price or did you get a deal? I'm in the same boat, I'm not a fan of closed headphones, I like hearing myself & more importantly, someone coming in my room or walking behind me.

The Ohm aspect is beyond me, but all I know is that the Sennheisers thrive on an amp. I'd try it out on your mobo. My Asus Maximus VII Hero has "SupremeFX 2014 + Sonic Radar II – New and improved audio that’s beyond compare" audio and mine sucked. Once I used the DAC, it was night and day...

Let me know how it goes.
Yeah the white ones I got were $279 but right now there is a deal on Amazon. I got them for under $180 with taxes. That is why I jumped on them.

In my limited understanding of Ohm's it is the amount of resistance it takes to push the drivers. Higher Ohm's = more power required. Most of the Sennheiser stuff is higher Ohm's so thy benefit from having more power to drive them. The updated versions are only 50, so in theory I should have enough juice to push them.

But yeah, I might end up having to get a DAC anyway just for the microphone monitoring. Do you know if yours has that feature?

SVTCam

Established Member
Yeah the white ones I got were $279 but right now there is a deal on Amazon. I got them for under $180 with taxes. That is why I jumped on them.

In my limited understanding of Ohm's it is the amount of resistance it takes to push the drivers. Higher Ohm's = more power required. Most of the Sennheiser stuff is higher Ohm's so thy benefit from having more power to drive them. The updated versions are only 50, so in theory I should have enough juice to push them.

But yeah, I might end up having to get a DAC anyway just for the microphone monitoring. Do you know if yours has that feature?

Mine does not, my FiiO E07K (not E10K I previously stated) is priced under $100, probably the best portable both DAC & Amp you can buy.

mr2cam

Established Member
Ended up getting an 8700k, didn't really need it, but my 6850k was a complete dud and would only go to 4.3ghz. Before delidding im able to hit 5.0 at 1.355 completely stable, should go a bit further once delidded

Users who are viewing this thread