Who is into building PC's/Gaming rigs?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
stay away from the EVGA AIO (questionable long term reliability based on gamersnexus on youtube showing break down of fluid). Get the 2TB NVMe. You might not need it but I doubt you'll regret it. Case is really about taste, but get something with good wire management and with options for a lot of fans. I got a maingear Vybe recently and am very happy with it:

MAINGEAR Vybe RGB Tempered Glass ATX - Micro Center

Interesting I have the EVGA AIO for a couple years. Good so far but wanting to change since it doesnt work with ASUS Aura (which sucks in general anyway) might be time to pick up the overpriced ROG piece.

quad

Established Member
Installed an EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 2 days ago in my main rig. The card is a beast! I also added a 2 TB m.2 NVME drive, ASUS m.2 expansion RAID card with 1 tb m.2 nvme and a 10 gigabit dual ethernet adapter. The ASUS card can take upto 4 NVME drives. I can have a total of 7 NVME drives in the computer but for now 3 is good enough. There's also 2 SSD drives in the rig and a large SATA drive. The computer (I9 7900x 10 cores / 20 threads w/ 128GB RAM) was built in 2017 with photos earlier in this thread. It has held up great over the years! My next build will probably be AMD unless Intel gets their shit together.

IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Installed an EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 2 days ago in my main rig. The card is a beast! I also added a 2 TB m.2 NVME drive, ASUS m.2 expansion RAID card with 1 tb m.2 nvme and a 10 gigabit dual ethernet adapter. The ASUS card can take upto 4 NVME drives. I can have a total of 7 NVME drives in the computer but for now 3 is good enough. There's also 2 SSD drives in the rig and a large SATA drive. The computer (I9 7900x 10 cores / 20 threads w/ 128GB RAM) was built in 2017 with photos earlier in this thread. It has held up great over the years! My next build will probably be AMD unless Intel gets their shit together.

You make me sick.

I want a 3090 so bad lol

quad

Established Member
You make me sick.

I want a 3090 so bad lol
Lol yes they are hard to get! I bought this one locally on Facebook Marketplace for $50 below MSRP! But the box was already opened. The guy I bought it from got a second ASUS Rog Strix 3090 so he did not need this one. I am on a waiting list for a second one. I am going to get a GPU support because the card is really big and heavy and the fans can rattle due to sagging at high speeds.

Intervention302

Established Member
Here I am happy with my 3080.

But I may look at the "3080ti" if it comes out

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Kiohtee

Established Member
This is my newest PC. I'm not a miner, so don't worry, it actually does gaming.

i9-10900KF, 32GB of 3600 RAM, and an RTX 3090.

1B.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread