• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Who Recently Left USAA???

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by MarcSpaz, May 8, 2019.

1. jmsa540

jmsa540 Well-Known Member Established Member

2. JetmechF16

JetmechF16 Under Pressure Established Member

I just ran a quote with them (Ameriprise) and it came back at $1018 /6 months for full coverage on my truck and wife's Infiniti and Comprehensive on my Cobra. Towing included on all 3 and rental reimbursement on 2. USAA is $1260 for less coverage and just a storage policy on my Cobra. I'll be getting homeowner's quotes through them too.

MarcSpaz likes this.
  3. Coz

Coz Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

4. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

I agree with a lot of this being from the same background in collision. From my experience though, most of the companies operate on that 2 year rule, but you are right in that USAA goes about it better than most. I'm not with you on the Geico claim though. From my experience they have always been one of the best when it comes to how they treat their customers and the shops when you work with them on a claim. Maybe it is the adjusters they have in my area but they are usually always prior shop techs or estimators so they are experienced and get the process. State Farm adjusters however would often show up and then have me go out there with them so I could write the car for them because they had no idea what they were doing. At least it was usually an attractive woman they had doing it. My brother switched from State Farm to Geico which should say something since he is likely the foremost expert on insurance policies in this state, but obviously each state has different rules and laws so it doesn't apply the same everywhere. Safeco is another terrible one, not to mention General Insurance and Mercury. They are bottom of the barrel imo.

5. My94GT

My94GT Well-Known Member Established Member

My biggest problem with Geico is their parts usage as they will use straight value line aftermarket panels. I have less problems with them outside of their DRP network but I’ve been in a few ARX shops over the years and the pressure felt to have corners cut to save severity is pathetic.

6. jmsa540

7. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

I never ran into that with them. They operated like most where we used either OEM or Keystone aftermarket at the least for the most part, and the adjuster were easy to deal with in that I could talk them into switching a part to OEM if it made sense.

My94GT likes this.
  8. blackfang

blackfang Well-Known Member Established Member

For the most part they are very good from what I hear. I had them from 1999 until sometime in 2002. Then one day I found out my drivers license was suspended for failure to have car insurance. WTF, I paid my policy every 6 months. Well come to find out Virginia did a random check and USAA reported I did not have an active policy on such and such a date. Funny that date was within my policy period. Once I verified with DMV that I had coverage, and paid the re-reinstatement fee, I got my DL back. I asked USAA what happened and when they could not give me an answer. Ok it happens, so I asked if they could at least credit me the cost I paid of the reinstatement on my next renewal as I was coming up on it for my troubles. For what ever reason they could not do that. So I shopped for insurance and that same day I dropped them. I had them for 4 years and they lost me over $100.

9. jmsa540

Dude...

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

10. ssj4sadie

ssj4sadie Well-Known Member Established Member

Hmmm appears I’m getting super ****ed here. $345/mo for my Raptor and XSport. Time to shop around. Costco is just too damn far to make use of the store. But if I can save over the membership cost a year...

11. MarcSpaz

MarcSpaz Resident Trouble Maker Premium Member Established Member

I had the same type problem with one of my cars. DMV said that they canceled my registration for one of my cars because USAA notified my lender that I canceled my policy for that vehicle.

I had to show the DMV my binder and receipts and fax a bunch of paperwork to the bank. Also spent hours on the phone with USAA trying to figure out what happened. They tried to say that I called and canceled my policy, which was completely BS.

Cost me $190 and I never got to the bottom of it. That was just 2 years ago.

12. ram150

ram150 You have the right to remain silent./ USMC vet Established Member

I went with The General car insurance. Shaquille O’ Neil represents them they must be good.

jmsa540 and 03Sssnake like this.
  13. ZYBORG

ZYBORG Let's roll.. Premium Member Established Member

Left USAA a few years back after noticing the rates creeping up and them wanting way too much to insure the ‘14 500. Switched over to Geico and saved about 40%. Couldn’t believe it. I still do banking with USAA, but only based on ease of banking. Should switch that too, as they (as an organization) were not there when needed.

Definitely look elsewhere, OP.

MarcSpaz and 03Sssnake like this.
  14. 03Sssnake

03Sssnake TK-421 Established Member Beer Money Bros.

60141006_2243841095675690_5425318829070745600_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

ram150 and MarcSpaz like this.