Who removes there front sway bar when racing?????

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
Just wondering who does. I always see these great sixty foot times and wondered. Also if you guys did was there a very noticable difference in straight line performance?

Will

Darcsun

Established Member
I was wondering if that trick worked on the Cobra. What size bolt is it, I'll try it next time I hit the track. I got a 1.996 as my best 60', but I'm also at a mile high. Thinking of tossing the jack, spare and rear seat too... but I did blow one of the DR's the first time she hit the track this year, so I'm iffy on pulling the spare.

Steel City

Banned
sway bar...whats that:-D been off, staying off, hell i should put it on ebay or something:beer:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I tried taking mine off and noticed no difference at the track. Maybe if traction was an issue it would help the car hook a little better. I can't stand to have the thing off on the street though. Handles horribly, so for now, it's on there anyway.

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
Originally posted by Steel City
sway bar...whats that:-D been off, staying off, hell i should put it on ebay or something:beer:

I feel the same way.................

jleews6

Established Member
I have always pulled the sway bar off all my cars for better weight transfer but I dont feel its needed on the cobra. Last weekend I ran a bunch of 1.6 60' on nittos with the sway bar still on the car.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I can't believe everybody that has removed their's has no complaints about their car handling like poo....

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
i still have mine... i have thought about taking it off jsut to save some weight....has not happened yet thought

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by sambandit
I can't believe everybody that has removed their's has no complaints about their car handling like poo....

o it handles like poo but my car is not a street car...its a street legal race car:p

i don't drive like an idiot on the street anways, even on the highway with the cruise set to 75, i haven't met a bend i cant take. so on the street crusing it's more than fine...did i mention slicks and skinnies are the only wheels and tires this bucket rolls on:rockon:

TargeT

Established Member
Originally posted by jleews6
I have always pulled the sway bar off all my cars for better weight transfer but I dont feel its needed on the cobra. Last weekend I ran a bunch of 1.6 60' on nittos with the sway bar still on the car.

2003 redfire cobra. 12.64 @113.8 bone stock. New times soon
<-- that isnt with 1.6 60's is it?

trey193

Established Member
Snk. it was on for St. Louis. I just recently removed it all together and I guess its just because my car is lowered quite abit but I can tell virtually no difference with or without it as far as handling.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
no sways here either. the front of the car deff picks up more on the street for sure! and if ur worried about weight savings..its only 6lbs or so..not heavy at all.

Users who are viewing this thread