Who would be interested in a Steeda K-Member?

Tim@DBF

Established Member
I just put in the steeda k member. Had to modify oil pan 1/8 inch along the back side of the k member where it was hitting oil pan. I think I have aftermarket motor mounts from the looks of them. I bought the car this way so not exactly sure of the brand. Was not too happy about that.

The big question I have (for someone who has experience with the steeda k member when using the stock control arms) is about the angle of the upper spring perches? They are labeled R and L. I mounted the one marked L on the drivers side and the R on the passenger side. When mounted like this it angles the upper spring perch out and back. This twists the spring back. This does not look correct??? The factory k upper spring perch angles out and forward. To me this looks wrong and I feel the L and R upper perch might have been mis-label????? I also had to drill out the upper spring perch bolt holes to the next size bigger. The bolts would not fit through the brackets. Any know the correct orientation of the upper spring perches??????????

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Usually left and right is designated if you were sitting in driver seat, so R is passenger, L is driver side. You would have backwards.
-J

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
http://www.terminator-cobra.com/chassis & steering.htm#Steeda_K-member

Not sure if this helps but shows a spring perch installed.

Also call steeda if you can. Great customer service. They sent em the incorrect hardware he washers were too small for the k and they sent back the correct ones free of charge. There could be a rare chance they mislabeled your perches. But document photos and send them to the email they provide. They should be able to troubleshoot the problem you had.

Also I’ve never heard anyone else mention having to modify the oil pan. Not sure if your motor mounts could of been a factor or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim@DBF

Established Member
IMG_4974.JPG IMG_4975.JPG IMG_4976.JPG IMG_4977.JPG Still waiting trying to get a hold of steeda. The first guy said it looks correct, but I still feel the are labeled wrong. Look at post #87 and #98 in this thread. I assume those pics are the right way??? Cause mine angle back.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
who cares what its labeled, if you have it fitting correctly they let it ride and enjoy

Tim@DBF

Established Member
Mine are fitted as show above. I feel this looks wrong. No one has been able to give me an answer if this is correct??? Or is post #87 the correct way?
Which of these pics look correct?

Attachments

• 44348F31-52FA-4155-BE4F-A41D4210264F.png
    44348F31-52FA-4155-BE4F-A41D4210264F.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 289

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
Have you taken the car for a ride or alignment? I feel like if it was installed wrong you wouldn’t have been able to compress the spring or it would be riding like shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tj@steeda

Established Member
I have our install techs taking a look at the last couple of posts - I will let you know their feedback when available.

Best Regards,

TJ

Tim@DBF

Established Member
Thank you TJ. I talking with Jamie at Steeda as well and he was gonna have someone call me back as weto get me the right mounting position.
I have our install techs taking a look at the last couple of posts - I will let you know their feedback when available.

Best Regards,

TJ
159246f7-000d-437c-abc7-3783efd32702-png.1455246

Tim@DBF

Established Member
Thank you TJ. I talking with Jamie at Steeda as well and he was gonna have someone call me back as weto get me the right mounting position.

Best Regards,
I talked to Steeda and this pics is the correct way!!!
TJ

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
You were already given a link to my site that has some install pics from when mine first went in, which has been about three years - no problems. The spring perches are shown correctly, but here is the passenger side again a bit larger:

K2.jpg

Tim@DBF

Established Member

Best Regards,
I take to steeda and this pics is the correct way!!!
TJ

You were already given a link to my site that has some install pics from when mine first went in, which has been about three years - no problems. The spring perches are shown correctly, but here is the passenger side again a bit larger:

View attachment 1455559

Tim@DBF

Established Member

Best Regards,
I take to steeda and this pics is the correct way!!!
TJ

View attachment 1455559

View attachment 1455559

View attachment 1455559
Attention jrgoffin the picture from the right side of the car with the starter visible that u are posting shows the upper spring perch angled OUT and BACK. From talking with Steeda engineering they are saying that that is INCORRECT. If you swap the perches left to right they will then angle out and forward. They said mine were mislabeled during the manufacturing process.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
While it looks weird, my springs sit just fine. I may have even called Steeda way back when to check, but when I trial fit them the other way, the spring didn't seem to line up right. Not about to fusss with it now.

Also, if you look at the magazine article linked on my site, the one spring perch shown matches mine, so apparently they have been getting installed the same way for quite some time. May have been a goof by Steeda, but it works. Worst case, I'd imagine the front end would sit a hair higher like I have it set, but the alignment and handling are still perfect, so I'll definitely leave it.

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Any of you guys that ordered your K member around this past thanksgiving timeframe have any fitment issues? Specifically with the A-arms fitting without any modifications?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread