Who would win? Being called out.

evanjp

Established Member
I think from a dig I'll have him. My car may be stock, but when I run him I'll have a Bama 91 tune loaded up. Driver mod already installed :).

Bone stock I ran a 12.6. With a tune it should be at least 1/10 to 2/10ths lower I would assume, just going off the usual gains from members here, and that should be enough to edge him out.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
As mentioned before, the Nissan/Infiniti SR20DE (stock in the SE-R versions of the Sentra B13 and B14 series, NX2000 and Infiniti G20) is a bulletproof, chain driven DOHC that can easily make 300-400 WHP with the right turbo setup:

http://www.sr20forum.com/turbo/82080-post-your-dyno-sheets-*turbo*-16.html

(see post #306: 395 WHP with a t3/t4 turbo on 14 PSI)

The wildcard is how well he's set up and if the rest of the car's drivetrain has been improved to handle the increased power. Even with FWD from a dig, if he's running 350 WHP, in that light a car, you'll have your hands full...

Good luck and let us know how it turns out :)

Rios302

Established Member
Some import guys truly have a beast inside a gutted pos 80s car. 99% of them however just cut their springs, buy cheap wheels and a fart can that is louder than a lawn mower. Base solely on what I have heard about this guy, he is probably full of BS and his car probably runs head to head against soccer mom minivans. Either way I expect a race, odds are in your favor. Gutted cars that are actually fast don't talk trash, they simply race and tear you to pieces. Sad to see someone with a coyote scared of an 80s fwd econo box.

helli217

Established Member
Race this guy. He's only going to win if he has a larger turbo putting out enough power and the grip to put it to the turf. In my experience, most of these guys don't fit this profile.

I have a buddy who is a drifter/Nissan Silvia maniac. He gave up on these SR20DET's when he realized that 350+ whp cannot be reliably had without dumping tons of money into them and having SHIT power delivery. He now runs LS motors in his Nissans.

Point is, if the car still has OEM turbo intact, you have a serious chance at destroying him unless you suck. If he's built and big-turbo'd to the gills...well you were beat in your mildly modified mustang by a highly modified car. So what. Tell him to enjoy his shitty drivability.

HandBanana

Established Member
I have a buddy who is a drifter/Nissan Silvia maniac. He gave up on these SR20DET's when he realized that 350+ whp cannot be reliably had without dumping tons of money into them and having SHIT power delivery. He now runs LS motors in his Nissans.

NO, just no. :nonono:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The only way OP can save this thread is pictures of his girl.

Even a BS, made up story about the "race of the century", wouldn't make up for 3 pages of BS.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Race this guy. He's only going to win if he has a larger turbo putting out enough power and the grip to put it to the turf. In my experience, most of these guys don't fit this profile.

Point is, if the car still has OEM turbo intact, you have a serious chance at destroying him unless you suck. If he's built and big-turbo'd to the gills...well you were beat in your mildly modified mustang by a highly modified car. So what. Tell him to enjoy his shitty drivability.

mjl.gif

Users who are viewing this thread