who would you trust to mod your car?

GreggsSVT

Established Member
I know alot of you guys use different people on you gt500's and I was wondering who you would trust or not trust.
Thanks

Zeke0123

Established Member
theres about 40 guys I would trust on here maybe more...Chris would probably be #1 for me (Sfadachi).

XtremeS10

Established Member
Chris is #1 in my book, I know a few local shops but one in particular I trust to do it, and I have two friends who went to wyotech and one whose grandfather is a big name in race engines in my area. I am really skeptical when it comes to shops though so I try to keep knowledgeable friends around to make sure everything is kept in line and spending doesn't get out of hand or spent when I can do it myself (Which I am learning to do finally)

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
it obviously depends on type of work, etc. I use a reputable shop in my area that has done only builds on stangs. Since they work on them 100% of the time and no the business, I'm content. The small things I like to do

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
There two shops in the area that I have let work on my car one left the shifter loss after installing my clutch. Ford did the same thing after the TSB. The other shop HPP has been good so far. Most of the mods the Whipple, headers, control arms etc were done at my home by a friend and I.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
It's not rocket science to mod one of these cars....Anyone with a tool box and puller set can do it!! It's all in the tune...we all know that. Lund is the man!

tvuser

Established Member
Me, myself, and I for all except tuning. I would do the tuning myself if I had dyno in my garage. But then again I was a mechanic for for 15 years.I have been out of the loop for a couple of years. So some of the new diagnostic trouble trees make me say WTF.

harmon rabb

Established Member
most of the mods for our cars are basic bolt-ons. honestly, any mechanic who isn't a complete dipwad can perform the mods properly. you need a reputable tuner though.

Users who are viewing this thread