Whoever said these fog light wont fit and arent good was wrong!

SVT99RED

Established Member
These fog lights are brighter than my headlights and they were 1/2 the price that ford wanted for a set of theirs. One of mine broke so I ordered these. I dont use the led colored lightning ring that is built into them but they come in red, blue and green for the halo. But just as fog light replacements I recommend these! They look like the newer 01-04 foglights and I was able to make them fit my 99 so now I have all my lights clear! I did have to drill holes (that you cant see) to make them fit but I thought I would give everyone the heads up because they are worth the money!!:bowdown:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...476QQitemZ270103949326QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Possible to get pics of them on the truck. W/ Lights on and Lights off?

I have a 99 as well, but had a fender bender and they added a 01-04 bumper to my truck and put the 99-00 fogs in that bumper. I'm looking really hard for fog lights that look good and are around the same price as what's in that link. Good find none-the-less.

SVT99RED

Established Member
here are some!!
Before:

foglight.jpg

After:

foglight001.jpg

Before:

foglight002.jpg

After:

foglight003.jpg

Just headlights:

foglight004.jpg

Headlights and fog lights:

foglight005.jpg

With flash lights off:

foglight006.jpg

With flash lights on:

foglight007.jpg

txyaloo

Established Member
SVT99RED said:
9000K there blue supposed to be hid. and in the projector its the same bulb thats in the fog lights.

9000K would be a lot bluer than that. 12000K is purple and 8000K is pretty blue. Do you have a ballast? That'll let you know for sure if they're HIDs. Judging from the glare in the pics, the heads don't look like HIDs.

SVT99RED

Established Member
txyaloo said:
9000K would be a lot bluer than that. 12000K is purple and 8000K is pretty blue. Do you have a ballast? That'll let you know for sure if they're HIDs. Judging from the glare in the pics, the heads don't look like HIDs.

nope no ballast. but it does have projectors that have 55w H3's in them.

miclightning

SVT Detailer
Established Member
I have them in my 01

They dont fit worth a SHIT, i had to cut a good chunk out of each side behind the housing, and then JB weld them in. Havent moved at all so it will do for now

But I agree 100% they are bright as hell

my HID's are going in this weekend, so looks like oncoming traffic is going to hate me

-Sean

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
in the before and after of the fogs up against the wall..they're throwin up soooo much glare compared to stock...people are gonna hate you

I'D WIN

Established Member
Those are the exact same lights Wally sells for $39.

There was a thread a while back with the details.

Lightning1

Established Member
They look nice, I don't use my foglights but they are starting to crack (2002) and would like a nice looking replacement.

Wally?

miclightning

SVT Detailer
Established Member
1sweetSVT said:
in the before and after of the fogs up against the wall..they're throwin up soooo much glare compared to stock...people are gonna hate you

I have had mine on for a few months now

and I have done the fog light/parking light mod so i can have the sides and fogs on without headlights

and i get the high beam flash from people all the time, and its just my fogs on.

they are very bright.

-Sean

VERY IMPORTANT READ THIS

forgot to mention, do not run these in cold weather, the bulbs heat up fairly hot and will crack your lenses real quick

I'D WIN

Established Member
Walmart.

Get some factory replacements and then buy the 3M headlamp protective film. Your problems will then be solved!

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
You need to bite the bullet and do an HID retro devin, stop messing around with all that cheap Ebay crap! :poke:

Oncoming traffic will thank you, and the ladies will be swarming your truck since they will actually be able to see it and not a shitload of glare :D

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
is there a howto on how to run just the fogs and side lights, i always envy ta's and camaros when i see them doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread