Who's from Iowa?

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
I do have another motor but I want rebuild the stock one thats in it, so I can sell that one to purchase, hopefully, the long awaited 3.4 whipple for the lightning. I found a couple of 5.4 blocks but I guess nobody replies to emails anymore. LOL.

zeus201

Established Member
That thing will be a beast if you ever get that 5.4 w/3.3 Whipple. There is a guy on this board that just completed a 5.4 build with a Eaton, perhaps you should hit him up on where he picked up his longblock. I think I saw that post in the Terminator section of the board.

MJT96SNAKE

Lund Motors

I have emailed the guy a few times. I think he is going to put on some springs for me this winter. Wondered if there were any other shops around to compare prices..

03snkvert

Established Member
Not really a whole lot of shops around here to compare with, but springs a fairly easy to install. If you post up what they quote I am sure someone around here can tell you if it is a fair price or not!

zeus201

Established Member
Perhaps try Ice Truck Works too. They are off of 104th and Hickman. I had them mount new tires last Monday and about everybody who worked there also has mustangs.

If you are brave, you could do it your self. There is a writeup on how to if you search for it.

03snkvert

Established Member
I read up on doing the springs on the 98 and it is a little different then our cars ( 99-03 ) but sounds like it is pretty straight forward. The only thing I read that you may want to think about is putting on caster camber plates also. You will deff. need an alignment afterwards and the CC plates will insure you get the correct alignment.

MJT96SNAKE

Mike : we can supply Eibach Lowering springs and install them for $ 525.00. Add $ 72.00 for alignment. Caster camber plates may also be needed to get things right, but some customers choose to do without these. Plates run between $ 150 and $ 225 for billet aluminum. Total cost for all the above would run $ 825 - $ 900. Give us a call or stop by. Thanks for your interest. Bob Lund

this is the email I got back...seems like he wants to do it the right way.

03snkvert

Established Member
Mike-
When do you plan on putting the springs and CC plates on! I called my buddy and got some pricing together so shoot me an email and we can discuss it!

email [email protected]

Last edited:

zeus201

Established Member
Mike : we can supply Eibach Lowering springs and install them for $ 525.00. Add $ 72.00 for alignment. Caster camber plates may also be needed to get things right, but some customers choose to do without these. Plates run between $ 150 and $ 225 for billet aluminum. Total cost for all the above would run $ 825 - $ 900. Give us a call or stop by. Thanks for your interest. Bob Lund

this is the email I got back...seems like he wants to do it the right way.

Doesn't suprise me that they want to do things correct, but jeez that's a little price. I'd try sonicblue's buddy.

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
Hey whats up guys! I live in Cedar Rapids I have a lot of friends with mustangs we cruse alot to and race. I have a supercharged v6 mustang and I'm 19. If you guys meet up next year let me know I will be there.

03snkvert

Established Member
Hey whats up guys! I live in Cedar Rapids I have a lot of friends with mustangs we cruse alot to and race. I have a supercharged v6 mustang and I'm 19. If you guys meet up next year let me know I will be there.

I am sure we will me up again sometime in the spring and we will post it up so everyone can see it. Maybe we can find somewhere to kind of meet in the middle so you guys don't have to cruise the whole way by yourself!

zeus201

Established Member

What kind of #'s are you putting down and you still on the stock block? I've seen a couple of twin tubro v6's that are on the stock block and putting good #'s. I've always thought it'd be cool to mod out my sixer, but I rather use that change for the Cobra. However, I'd like to pick up at least get a set of rims and cut the springs to lower the 4x4.

Next year we should have a get together. Perhaps meet up at the 1/4 mile track up there in the CR area as long as gas isn't $4.00 + which they are predicting. If that's the case, the Cobra will become once a month drive because I won't be able to pay for fill ups every week. :(

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
Yea, we will have to get something planed for next year! It put 260rwhp and 260rwtq at DB Performance in St. Paul. That was a very safe tune and i have a auto. This winter I have some big plans air to water intercooler, windstar intake, Meth, 5psi more, maby headers, and new tune. They figured 300+ flywheel now. After winter I want 400+ flywheel. It went 13.7 at the track and next summer I want 12's.:pepper:

zeus201

Established Member
Hope you upgrade the little 7.5" unless you already have. Those are great numbers off a 3.8 , probably be able to stay with the Cobra in the 1/4 mile if you get about 300+ rwhp / tq because I'll never launch the car for the fear of having to rebuild the rear end again.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
That's impressive for a v6. Makes me wish I'd vortech'd my old Splash like I wanted to, before I sold it.

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
Yea, the rear-end has a FRPP t-lock and 3.73s. With the auto it dose not worry me. I want to put a 2500-3000 stall in it to. Then I will start worrying. LOL

I had nitrous on it for two years too. I sprayed through shifts and in first at 3000 and it was ok. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread