Who's from Iowa?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
The L is nice because, well, it's still a truck... I've hauled brush, lumber, furniture, and recently pulled an 18ft trailer a couple of times while my old man's truck is in the body shop (I should post pics of that... his truck had $20k worth of damage after his fifth wheel trailer went loose and came around and crushed the cab in). So I need a truck, and I want some muscle. So it's filling both roles for me, for now.

The biggest problem I have with it is the amount of money that I feel like I need to sink into it just to get it to the level of performance I want... a level I could reach for about $10k less if I just bought a Camaro SS and cammed it.

But, then there's the cool factor of stomping GT's and ricers with a truck. And that's where I keep going back and forth. :D

zeus201

Established Member
Corey, what kind of idlers did you get? I'd like to get the Billetflow all black set with a new stock upper Harley pulley (hopefully that'll be my xmas gift). Since I have 8#, can't get anything smaller than that.

- Ryan

03snkvert

Established Member
Corey, what kind of idlers did you get? I'd like to get the Billetflow all black set with a new stock upper Harley pulley (hopefully that'll be my xmas gift). Since I have 8#, can't get anything smaller than that.

- Ryan

I bought a set of billet flow idlers with the bracket from Blown10th. They are the bling ones. I thought about the black and the wife liked the bling. This isn't my car but it is off billetflows site.

DSCF0024.gif

Last edited:

zeus201

Established Member
Tell me how the install goes because I'll probably looking to get a set. I don't think I have heart to sell vert., I'll regret it till the day I die.

03snkvert

Established Member
Tell me how the install goes because I'll probably looking to get a set. I don't think I have heart to sell vert., I'll regret it till the day I die.

The idlers and bracket will be easy, It is the Supercharger pulley that will be kind of tricky. I think I am going to get the hub that you can just change out the pulley rings and get a 2.76 and the stock size. Then when I have it tuned I can run the stock size pulley if I want by using the sct to go back to the stock settings.

If you get the idlers and and want me to help you put them on just let me know. You can come over when I put mine on to see how they go on if you want, not quite sure when I am going to put them on though.

03snkvert

Established Member
so... I was just setting here working and listening to my headphones and wondered, what kind of music does everyone here listen too?

I am listening to:
Bullet for my Valentine
Serj Tankian (from System of a Down)
listened to a little Pantera this morning

In the Cobra Cd Player Now:
1.Staind- The Singles
2. Hurt- Vol. 1
3. Buck Cherry-15 (Crazy Bitch)
4. Linkin Park- Minutes to Midnight
5. Three Days Grace- One-X
6. System of a Down- Toxicity

has anyone heard from Chis lately?

Last edited:

zeus201

Established Member
Nothing from Chris lately, wonder how is build up is going? I listen to everything, just depends on my mood.

When you do decide to do the idlers, I'll swing by to see how it goes on. Are you going to have to get the pulley puller tool from Amazon Racing?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
so... I was just setting here working and listening to my headphones and wondered, what kind of music does everyone here listen too?

Flipping through my CD case... Metallica, Trivium (best new band in the last decade), Avenged Sevenfold (their new album is awesome), Zeppelin, Iced Earth, Megadeth, Disturbed, and that sort of stuff.

I'm getting ready to order this bands album. Heard of them through an insert in the new Avenged Sevenfold CD, and I've only heard them on myspace, but I dig it: http://myspace.com/thehumanabstract

Also thinking about picking up Nikki Sixx's new band's album: http://myspace.com/sixxam

Not sure about that one though, it's a little depressed-sounding for me.

zeus201

Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172316

Perhaps something to look into if we could find a place that would be cool to let a different tuner come in. Everything thing I read about Amazon is always good and I yet to find someone who was upset on how things turned out with them. All we would need is about 8-10 cars which I guarantee we could get that.

I'd be for sure in because I'd like to re-tune the car with a new upper pulley to try to crack the 500rwhp mark without upping the timing with the setup I have right now.

Last edited:

zeus201

Established Member
Hope every bodies vehicle is in storage because of the crazy winter storm coming our way. I can't wait to bring out the vert again, I totally miss the whine and power. Just not the same when I floor it in the v6 and still get my doors blown off by mini-vans.

03snkvert

Established Member
I would maybe consider that! but I think I am going to put my car on the trailer in spring and go up to Kurgan Motorsport in Illinois and have him tune the car, my 2.76 pulley should be here today! When I talked to Bob at Kurgan he said he will give me a conservative 93, an aggressive 93 and a 100 race tune. I was referred to him by Ryan Vittrito at ICE Truck Works- He had the 700 horse turbo Cobra (white with orange stripes).

Bob charges $350 for tuning!

www.kurganmotorsports.com

zeus201

Established Member
Are you going to get the SCT 4 back chip so that you can use all those tunes? Doesn't seem like a bad idea, considering where my car is right now would only take me 41/2 hours to get there.

03snkvert

Established Member
I am going to buy the SCT Xcal2 from him so that he can put all three tunes on there. When I used mapquest it was going to be 4-1/2 hours from my door, he would be doing it in Machesney Park, Ill.

03snkvert

Established Member
Cool... I was just going off of the last video I saw (From the OTHER tuner). Always thought that car should have made more power than the video showed!

Bye the way Ryan (zeus201) 04cobradude is Bob from Kurgan Motorsports if you want to ask him any questions!

Last edited:

zeus201

Established Member
Cool... I was just going off of the last video I saw (From the OTHER tuner). Always thought that car should have made more power than the video showed!

Bye the way Ryan (zeus201) 04cobradude is Bob from Kurgan Motorsports if you want to ask him any questions!

I might be going there in the spring time to get a couple different tunes with the 4 bank chip that's already in the car.

Was Ryan V's car still using stock internals or did he upgrade?

Last edited:

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
when he came to me, it had a built motor with cams and slightly ported heads... the power was made with a 76mm SMALL FRAME turbo from hellion... according to John Urist, 800rwhp is about hte max we could expect... well, we made a little more :)

Users who are viewing this thread