Who's worn out their stock tires?

Husky44

Established Member
Have 7500 miles on my stock goodyears, and the outermost circumferential groove is almost gone on the rears. Didn't think I'd been breaking them loose THAT much?

What's the most miles you've seen on these?

Saxgod

I have about 9700 miles on my stock good years. Front look brand new and rears have about to the top of Abe's head on a penny in tread left. This is from the sides consistent to the center. I have broke loose about 50+ times. Smoking them pretty good about 3 or 4 times and never doing an intentional burnout.

rwboring

Established Member
after 13500 my left rear outside is bald but the right side has slightly more...

on a side note aren't the wear markers down pretty further down then the outer tread?

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
We ran 11800K and they were all still good. I changed them because we were going on a 2K or so road trip and one of the originals had been patched

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I still have my fronts on but they probably have a couple thousand left. My rears were worn so I sold them for cheap to local guy who needed them.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
New set just showed up today, 4500 miles new set!

Update!!!! New rears have been installed!!!!

Last edited:

Derek5774

Established Member
Good years wear out fast and uneven
Michelin pilot super sports give better traction and wear out evenly

MNCobra

Established Member
I am selling my set if anyone is interested....only has 10 miles on them...switched to MSPP before picking up my car at the dealership.....

ebucky

Established Member
Racked up 8600 miles and two track days before replacing the GY's with a set of PSS. Tire place was so friendly. I guess they know I'll be seeing them quite frequently.

Paul1138

Established Member
I had about 8k on the GY. That's with about 6-7 track days. The new MSS have 2 track days and they are looking like they may not last as much as the GY. Or perhaps I'm getting better on the track and pushing the car more...

Users who are viewing this thread