Why all of our pictures are ****ed up now

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
The problem for me is my pics are always to big to upload to the site. What is the max file size? Could it be increased at all?

I get that 4 out of 5 times when I try that too. Unfortunately since I post 95% of the time from my phone there's no easy way to resize

Khan

BANNED STOCK BRAKE PADS GURU
Established Member
I hate those build threads that use photobucket. All I see is X X X. Direct posting for the win and much easier than 3rd party. Just drag and drop.

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
I use winzip and resize all my pics to small to upload. My internet sucks so bad, I had to do that even before FB stuck it to us.
Yea, with the new site the hole idea is it to be easy to just click and drag pictures without any 3rd part sites or multi-step processes. But I do know that hosting so many large file sizes could be an issue. At least the small pictures work. Using flicker for high res pics isn't that bad anyway. But would be best to just click and drag to this site.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I'm going old school and trying out Blogger. Not sure how it will work out but just changed my signature images to be hosted there since Photobucket finally caught up with me.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

greenscobie86

Established Member
Photobucket axed my stuff too, I used to like them, saddened by the way they chose to do things. Oh well, direct posting it is for me from now on.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
It's very weird that this hasn't effected me personally. In fact, here's a photo hosted on PB and posted here.

D797D3A9-24A0-4CB5-ADF1-3A09FDC966E8_zps97wgiqe8.jpg

Eventually, I expect them to lock down my account as well, so I'm starting to migrate stuff. I think they are targeting users that use the most bandwidth first.

I understand their point of view, but their solution and the way they are handling it is terrible.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I haven't been affected either but I imagine it's coming. I switched over to Flickr because, even if PB doesn't lock me down, their site is slow and shitty.

hoamskilet

Established Member
**** photobucket. That site went to shit years ago and I moved over to Smugmug. Double **** PB for ruining countless help threads that have been created over the years on various forums and are now ruined

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Well don't do like I did.....clicked on the $59.99 plan, paid.

Than it tells me "no third party hosting"

Gotta get the $400.00 /yr plan.

Now I'm fighting for a return on my money. Ass clowns. Only reason I did pay is I have a car for sale and all sorts of stuff here on SVTP currently active.

Now I don't know wth to do.....guess I will keep my Shelby for starters

What really sucks is all the archived information that I enjoy searching for that has pics. Now if those people aren't active, those photos from years ago will be pointless

ah they got ya with the storage plan.

i used to pay to have photobucket pro. dont even remember what it cost per year. maybe $60? it was so i wouldnt exceed the bandwidth limit if pics i posted got a ton of views. i checked to see if they were still charging me but they axed my account and made it a standard free account again. then emailed me what theyre emailing everyone else. thanks to sid for making it so we could add pics directly now. (beer). sucks for all the old build and gb threads though.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I moved over to smugmug a few years ago after photobucket revised its site with that new library design and my new photos were uploading on page 14 of 26. Haven't looked back since.

It's nice to have unlimited storage and no file compression.

Users who are viewing this thread