Why CF track pack??

Cman01

hello
Established Member
It has the same spoiler as the regular 2019 GT350 with the Gurney flap as an add on.

3:20 in

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
So the base GT500 doesn't have a spoiler or is the swing spoiler the standard spoiler?

Ford was caught testing what appeared to be a "base" car numerous times. Looked as if they were using the GT350 Track Pack spoiler. Then Ford started using the Swing Spoiler. Finally, we saw a Swing with the flap bolted to it. The Handling Package cars will be Swing/GF, TP cars with the GT4 wing, but the base car.....I assume it'll be a Swing and no flap.

Snoopy49

Established Member
@Tob
Have you heard anything about the contents of the Handling Package besides the Gurney Flap and Splitter Wickers? For $1500 there has to be more than just those two items.
What does a swing spoiler look like? You would think that a car that was going to be 75% of the production, there would be a lot more pictures going around.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I came across this article that talked about the Handling Package.
"Key options include a handling package for $1500 (adjustable strut top mounts, removable splitter end plates, and a Gurney flap)."

I wonder if they will offer the Gurney Flap and FP oil separator over the counter?

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That package is for marketing and money making.

Lap times.

Comparison test wins.

Resale value will stay stupid high so buyer isn’t that bad off, they can’t duplicate that stuff cheaper anyways.

Ford gets some insane lap times with that stuff. I’d guess a base gt500 is like 1:36 around legions seca, a handling pack is like 1:34 and this carbon wheel aero deal track pack will be 1:32. Who the hell knows or cars.

Bottom line the car will be fastest with the track pack and that will be where ford gets marketing from. Imo.

$18.5k x 1250 cars is also $23 million dollars so there’s that.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I came across this article that talked about the Handling Package.
"Key options include a handling package for $1500 (adjustable strut top mounts, removable splitter end plates, and a Gurney flap)."

I wonder if they will offer the Gurney Flap and FP oil separator over the counter?
Yes one of the article had a Ford engineer confirm they’ll sell the separator thru FP, so I assume the strut mounts and wickers will too.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That package is for marketing and money making.

Lap times.

Comparison test wins.

Resale value will stay stupid high so buyer isn’t that bad off, they can’t duplicate that stuff cheaper anyways.

Ford gets some insane lap times with that stuff. I’d guess a base gt500 is like 1:36 around legions seca, a handling pack is like 1:34 and this carbon wheel aero deal track pack will be 1:32. Who the hell knows or cars.

Bottom line the car will be fastest with the track pack and that will be where ford gets marketing from. Imo.

$18.5k x 1250 cars is also $23 million dollars so there’s that.
I agree and never had interest in the CF TP except liking the CF wheel benefits, but the parts are still more than the $18k option. Those 20” wheels and wing are very expensive CF parts.
Now, I totally agree with you on the marketing reasons, but it’s just like all the other makers have ‘track packs’.
Most hardcore track guys would probably swap the parts, but the wheels and wing are both legit, proven on-track performance.
I’ll personally take the swing or the smaller spoiler in pics for Vmax!
-J

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
@Tob

What does a swing spoiler look like?

Here it is next to the Track Pack's GT4 wing.

rear-swing-spoiler.jpg

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Considering how grippy and planted a base mustang gt is, I sleep well at night knowing ford won’t somehow mess up the base gt500’s handling properties.

I bet even the base gt500 will click off 1g and 70mph slalom with 100ft 60-0

The handling pack probably takes that to 1.05g, 72 slalom and sub 100ft 60-0

The carbon track pack I’d assume is about 1.1g, 74 slalom and sub 95ft 60-0

The tire gets sticker on the handling and carbon aero packages iirc otherwise disregard sentiments. I used to keep up on stuff like this but haven’t in this case.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
When should we expect reviews on the actual car to start showing up?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
I did some calculations based on 760 crank hp and mid 10 1/4 mile times and it kept coming out to around 4300 lbs

Users who are viewing this thread