Why I never had much confidence in Kenny Brown parts

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I still have some of these KB Delrin kits left if anyone is interested.

kbdelrinkitzq4.jpg

legwound

You had to resurrect a 7+ year old thread to ask this question?

Really
Over in Corner-Carvers the thread etiquette is to not start fresh thread on old subjects. I carried that over, and figured the other content in the thread was the best way to give context to my question.

Thanks for your helpful reply.

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
Over in Corner-Carvers the thread etiquette is to not start fresh thread on old subjects. I carried that over, and figured the other content in the thread was the best way to give context to my question.

Thanks for your helpful reply.

Yet you post here and realize that it is not there, and you have at least been lurking here for TEN YEARS so you should know by now what works and what is looked down on. Here we believe in fresh threads because some of the people, or vendors involved in the older threads may no longer be with us. You really are not a newbie, so trying to deflect, you will eventually learn, does not work. Instead, swallow your pride, admit your mistake, learn from it, and move on. You only get to make a first impression once. How you respond will be "the" tell for you from now to eternity.

I'll leave it at that

Bill

Last edited:

NotsoFastFreddie

Established Member
Old thread same subject

MY KB IRS lower control arm failed. One turn on road course away from a very bad outcome

900.00 to replace just the lower pair

Crazy

KB says they have updated the design and its better but wow this break was pretty bad and could have been horrific on road course at speed

Anyone know if KB has a competitor for lowers to use with their IRS?

NotsoFastFreddie

Established Member
I’ve welded up one side already that was on a weld seem and caught it before it broke away

Had it aligned and all good

This new break on the other side and is in a bad spot to cleaning reattach

I’ll post pictures this weekend after I pull it off

130mph in a long sweeper makes one think about repairs vs replace

Attachments

• IMG_3394.png
    IMG_3394.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 11

NotsoFastFreddie

Established Member
Well good news all around. I was able to remove ears, clean and reweld. Monday my Alignment shop confirmed perfect inspect rear numbers. So, I'll now go back in and add gussets' to the knuckle end of the lower control arm. It will be better than new.

Cross axis bushings are shot so while Im in there Ill replace. Trying to deside between MM or SPC kit. Any experience or direct knowledge of these two options?

Kenny Brown is recommending MM bits

Users who are viewing this thread