Why is it that sh!t cars think they can beat a 1993 Cobra?

Ithnu

Established Member
I'd feel the same about a low mileage 94-01, 03-04 Cobra, 2003-4 Mach 1, or 2001 Bullitt - something about seeing a heavily modified one of these, takes away the fun of owning this particular model, IMO of course...

You have a great point. After reading on this forum and looking around on CL it seem absolutely impossible to find a stock 03/04 Cobra.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Yo dude brah homey ;) I get it, not saying I'd beat a new 5.0...by any means, at least I knew that right off the bat. I've never even tried to race anyone with it. It has just been a certain type; 4cyc turbos and HO v6s. As I'm relatively new to owning a Mustang again I haven't paid attention to none Mustangs much in the last decade so I'm just curious. And as some one else mentioned before it's because the old 5.0s look like easy targets. And mine is stock and looks like it; but Cobras are a bit faster and when I added 3.55s it was a huge improvement.

I haven't owned even a relatively fast car in a very long time. I drive a Frontier, so the Cobra felt fast. I have now learned it really isn't; but my friends ride mtn bikes, they are not gear heads. I didn't race the Dodge; he just took off in a puff of smoke. I hate those fart mufflers and thought the smoke meant he was burning oil. However another person before explained that's how factory turbos work (but I don't know much about turbos). But now it makes sense. So I figured a Mustang forum was the place to get answers right? Get myself back up to speed on gear head shit I guess. I didn't realize other cars have gotten that fast. :)

After getting some new generation learnin' on here I've decided to keep it stock and not even bother responding to honks, revs and races. Turns out mods won't be worth it, beating on the engine isn't worth it and I'd lose anyway. So I'll just continue on with why I bought it. I love Fox Mustangs and the '93 Cobra is the best looking one.
A $2500 Vortech would make you hang with 95% of cars you encounter...

Kiohtee

Established Member
Still a dodge!

It seems obvious enough, but please, enlighten me as to what it is you're driving...

Hint: It better not be a Ford, Chevrolet, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc.

93 svt

03 ROUSH stage 3
Established Member
So let me get this straight you can make your comment about a mustang driver but if someone does not like dodge that is not ok? lol. In my opinion Chrysler vehicles suck! Worse vehicle I ever owned. But like stated its just my opinion because myself and anyone I know has had issues. Just like your opinion that mustang drivers are high and mighty. All this talk about a Hell cat and I say it still needs to prove itself. Badass none the less but still needs to prove its reliability and any issues it will have.

Quote Originally Posted by zhisel View Post
Oh look! Another high and mighty Ford Mustang driver!

The Hellcat called... Wanted to know where your lunch

It seems obvious enough, but please, enlighten me as to what it is you're driving...

Hint: It better not be a Ford, Chevrolet, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc.

I am not Sure why it better not be a.... or a....etc. But I have a 1993 Cobra (imagine that right?), 2014 Fusion hybrid & a 2014 expedition limited. I sold my roush and two R1's a little over a year ago and just recently started getting back on svtperformance. I have plans for C6Z but plans and reality are different haha

Last edited:

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
I just find it strange several cars want to race. And no we didn't race; he took off but I know my area of town and a cop usually sits right after that overpass. The funny part was he was burning oil right off the bat and I was laughing. Figured this was the part of the forum to put this in.

I bought it out of pure nostalgia as I had a 1986 GT in high school. Mine is as close to stock as nearly anyone can find. Here's the car. *Yes I know the wheels are backwards. Previous owner and just haven't got to get them remounted.

View attachment 25168

Do not mod it one stinking bit, it's totally fine the way it is!

You've got a near original 23 year old car that according to published road tests was only 4/10 sec behind LT-1's in the 1/4. Doing that with 50 less cubes was a great feat (Chevy always resorting to using Vette motors to compete against the lighter Stang). As a matter of fact, if you can find them, I'd put the original gears/exhaust back in and call it a day.

If I had the extra $$, I'd get an all original '85 GT. I had a new one back in the day and it's my nostalgia car. :)

Attachments

• 1993 Mustang Cobra vs Camaro Z-28.bmp
    1.5 MB · Views: 295

Kiohtee

Established Member
Do not mod it one stinking bit, it's totally fine the way it is!

You've got a near original 23 year old car that according to published road tests was only 4/10 sec behind LT-1's in the 1/4. Doing that with 50 less cubes was a great feat (Chevy always resorting to using Vette motors to compete against the lighter Stang). As a matter of fact, if you can find them, I'd put the original gears/exhaust back in and call it a day.

If I had the extra $$, I'd get an all original '85 GT. I had a new one back in the day and it's my nostalgia car. :)

Have you ever been to a drag strip? .4 is a BIG difference.

Ithnu

Established Member

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4637648933.html

You should probably take a trip to Denver then. I almost thought about just pulling $2,500 out the bank and running over to get it. Not sure how happy the wife would be when she got home to 2 5.0s in the garage. She was pissed when I went to look at a 2012 Boss recently, didn't buy though.

Last edited:

Tech4Dummies

Established Member
This can apply to Big Hammer's thread, his bolt-on LS1 is walking a 5.0, even a bolt-on 5.0! lol

LOL!

I'm in a bone-stock 2013 Coyote, MT82 w/ 3.73's. There's a guy in my town with a bolties/cam Ls1 Camaro, it's a pretty good race, but I have him by a car at 120-130, still pulling slowly.

He did just get some mickeys and a cage installed though. Next time I see him i'm probably going to get ripped off the line.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
Have you ever been to a drag strip? .4 is a BIG difference.

Ha! I spent the better part of the early 80's through the mid 90's at the drag strip, mostly at Test/Tunes to measure the effects of performance parts.

There was this one time I spent a couple of weekends bracket racing, go this:
NLjpscan0001x.jpg

What I meant was .4 wasn't much considering Chevy resorted to using a Vette engine.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4637648933.html

You should probably take a trip to Denver then. I almost thought about just pulling $2,500 out the bank and running over to get it. Not sure how happy the wife would be when she got home to 2 5.0s in the garage. She was pissed when I went to look at a 2012 Boss recently, didn't buy though.

WOW, that is one clean 85GT! No engine pics though, hmm.

P.S. I'm single, wouldn't have to ask anybody. ;-)

rz5.0

Established Member
I would do the vortech v3.. easy to go back to stock if you please and will give you a nice bump in hp. More than a simple HCI.. car already has decent gt40 heads and intake. .

04svtterm

Established Member
I think it's ironic how someone driving a 1993!! cobra classifies other cars as sh!t cars lol...

I'm not sure i would classify his car as "shit". It's slow and old, but man it's a looker.

Nice car OP! good luck making it faster, you will need it to keep up with what the competition is now offering.

RusWolf

Established Member
I'm not sure i would classify his car as "shit". It's slow and old, but man it's a looker.

Nice car OP! good luck making it faster, you will need it to keep up with what the competition is now offering.

I think it all comes to what you are comparing it to.
Some may like it, some may not. It's not exactly a nice looking ride as far as interior. On the outside it's personal preference.

For example he called caliber SRT a sh!t car... how is that a sh!t car? i never drove it or even sat in it but i think it can make a fun DD and it's convinient because it's a hatch. IMHO

04svtterm

Established Member
I think it all comes to what you are comparing it to.
Some may like it, some may not. It's not exactly a nice looking ride as far as interior. On the outside it's personal preference.

For example he called caliber SRT a sh!t car... how is that a sh!t car? i never drove it or even sat in it but i think it can make a fun DD and it's convinient because it's a hatch. IMHO

yea i agree..it's all relative. the 93 is outdated, doesn't have all the comforts of today's vehicle like the caliber may have. In the end of the day, i'd still have the 93 cobra over the caliber for the wow factor. They look so mean and i think they would make a horrible DD for today. (comfort & features).

Users who are viewing this thread