WHY WHY WHY ????

RickieFrat

Established Member
:cuss: Everytime I go to fix something, Something else adds to the problems. At times I feel I can't win with my baby. Thank God for the LOVE that keeps us together.

I have had a complete 60K done except the valve adjustment. Just recently I had the CPS replaced due to intermit shut down. NOW ..... I get the same problem. It either the CAM Sensor or the CRANK Sensor. I'm hoping for the CAM Sensor seeing I have a oil leak in that area. I'll know more tomarrow when I tear into it w/ SHOtime.

All I know is that the engine doesn't sound healthy when you go to crank it over. To give you a idea of what its doing/ or did. Driving along the car starts bucking, tack bounces then drops, engine dies. If you can get it started (got it once but not now) engine bucks,farts, and you can't get the RPMs up pass 2,500. The last time it happened it cleared itself up :? .

Oh well ......... I'll know more tomarrow. :fm: :gt: :fm:

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I feel your pain...here's my list:

3 transmissions (3rd gear syncro everytime)
1 shattered clutch plate (happened when the first tranny went out, at 18k)
1 engine
front brakes, at 55k (warn out, actually lasted pretty long)
MANY of small fixes like sensors, switches, etc etc.

No matter how many things go wrong with it....I can't bring myself to get rid of it.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Rickie, correct me if i"m wrong but the Crank Position Sensor (CPS) and the Crank Sensor are the same. Sure you didn't miss the cam gears marks off just a tad?? I know my moms was off just a tad, it would fire up, run for about 10 sec and die........I think its in the timing...

Steve-O did my brakes at about 60k, and they were original....that's damn good for factory, and our lil GoCarts!!

BTW, why don't I have any tranny problems??? (knock on wood) 66k and powershifted?

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by RTStabler51
Rickie, correct me if i"m wrong but the Crank Position Sensor (CPS) and the Crank Sensor are the same. Sure you didn't miss the cam gears marks off just a tad?? I know my moms was off just a tad, it would fire up, run for about 10 sec and die........I think its in the timing...

Steve-O did my brakes at about 60k, and they were original....that's damn good for factory, and our lil GoCarts!!

BTW, why don't I have any tranny problems??? (knock on wood) 66k and powershifted?
must have been cause you let me drive it that one time, gave it some of my good luck charm :)

RickieFrat

Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
Rickie, correct me if i"m wrong but the Crank Position Sensor (CPS) and the Crank Sensor are the same.

Your right ..... a crank sensor is known as a CPS. The cam sensor is known as a PIP sensor.

As a update ..... I replaced the cam sensor. Same problem. Gonna getdeeper into it today. i'll post later with my findings.

fiveofanatic

Established Member
I've been lucky, haven't needed one repair yet. (That will probably jinx me now.)

A year after we bought our '90 SHO, it had a new clutch, new output shaft seals, new A/C parts, new......lol

Users who are viewing this thread