Wideband Placement Options

SilverGT1

Established Member
2003 GT
Kenne Bell 2.1
Magnaflow 441114

I am getting ready to install an Innovate PSB-1 AFR meter. I just installed a new CARB approved Magnaflow 4-Cat exhaust (because of the crushing smog inspecting here in California). This is replacing my Magnaflow 2-Cat x-pipe.

With the Magnaflow 4-Cat system, they have included three bungs on each side. One before the pre-cat, one between the pre-cat and the downstream cat, and one after the downstream cat.

Here is my issue; on the Magnaflow exhaust, the way they welded the pre-cat in, there no way to add another accessible bung for the wideband sensor.

Option 1? Can I use that pre-installed bung that is between the pre-cat and downstream cat for the wideband or will I get erroneous AFR / Lambda measurements?

Option 2? After I get the car smogged, can I swap the pre-cat O2 sensor to the middle position just before the downstream cat and then put my wideband in the pre-cat location? I don't know if this is going to cause the O2 to throw codes.

Options 3) Weld in a new bung after the downstream cat.

Thoughts?
passenger magnaflow cat clock 1.JPG

C to C Magnaflow.JPG

SilverGT1

Established Member
Because that would defeat the purpose of spending the $1200 for the new 2.5” CA legal 4-cat system. The whole point of installing this was so that I wouldn’t have to spend the $300 to get “my guy” to run it or have to swap it out every two years.

Users who are viewing this thread