Wifes New Ride

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I'm 103 years old, so I miss the simplicity of 3 dials.

c0owPaRcQhPpYdOL-rSLjFd-RDyFyus-ueefHLUt33BBf2e_CZ_ABXONrr49X4dELSOsaJcQgHrCSCJ22x3WQVQXKdYdiX90Y-T7D4ULjA9TYH-F38-SivAS
If I could add that simple panel to wifey's Explorer and my Mustang, I would in a heartbeat.
I ****ing HATE the touchscreen.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Very nice! Personally and just like the Explorer, I'd rather have the base screen vs the optional one because the portrait layout bothers me. Regardless, the boss is going to love it and after get a tune on it, it's going to move out!

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I like having buttons.
I dropped 2 wheels onto the rumble strip trying to turn on the heated steering wheel in the Super Duty after duck hunting lol

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Nice rig. And now you can get them with the HO 3.5. And yes everything is expensive and yes it’s a race for the biggest screens. Deal with it

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Very nice! Personally and just like the Explorer, I'd rather have the base screen vs the optional one because the portrait layout bothers me. Regardless, the boss is going to love it and after get a tune on it, it's going to move out!
I know it’s so easy and so cheap. But why would a wife need a tune on a 6k family brick. never mind we can all use more power. I repent for my sins

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Great point. haha

We just traded for a 2019 with the Black Widow package...stock tune...has about as much power as a horse drawn carriage.

Trans tuning is hot garbage too. A proper tune, even just an 87 one, makes all the difference in the work.

The Expedition has the best factory tuning of any new Ford I've driven.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Trans tuning is hot garbage too. A proper tune, even just an 87 one, makes all the difference in the work.

I agree. My wife's MY21 is awesome.

Sent from my Potato

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member

Is there a proper tune, or any tune for a Ranger?

andymarkv

Established Member
Is there a proper tune, or any tune for a Ranger?
I can't speak to Rangers specifically...but my Omega tune from Oz Tuning in my F150 transformed the truck.
Sport mode now puts the trans right where I like it, after I had them back down the shift firmness.
I expect that their Ranger tunes will have similar quality.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have a co-worker here with our tune on his ranger, he loves it! He has told me he can get it to spin on the freeway when it's cold. It makes the car so much better and more fun to drive! It makes a huge difference

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Voice commands are more unwieldy and take more time than just reaching over and twisting a dial. Bob Lutz talked about this in one of his books back in the day. Makes a great Christmas gift:

Yes, Sid, right now they are. But I like the ability to use speech and not have to take your eyes off the road on newer vehicle that have too many dials or a huge screen/multiple screens. In time, just like Siri and Alexa have improved, vehicle speech systems can be improved upon. I use speech commands in my Genesis as much as possible, and prefer them. Now compared to the old, simple, minimal dials, no question those are easiest of all.

quad

Established Member
Yes, Sid, right now they are. But I like the ability to use speech and not have to take your eyes off the road on newer vehicle that have too many dials or a huge screen/multiple screens. In time, just like Siri and Alexa have improved, vehicle speech systems can be improved upon. I use speech commands in my Genesis as much as possible, and prefer them. Now compared to the old, simple, minimal dials, no question those are easiest of all.
My father-in-law talks to his computer and Nvidia Shield / iPhone all the time. He'll do a google search via voice. He is almost 80 and typing is just a pain in the ass for him now. He's still very capable and quite handy with computers. He operates the computer club at his community in Florida. Also joined the neighborhood patrol lol!

I do like Alexa for controlling furnace / AC, setting alarms, getting weather / time updates or math questions, playing music etc. Alexa works better for me than Siri but maybe I should try Siri more often to really gauge how well it works. I have Alexa on my iPhone & computer. And in the Cobra and quite a few other devices.

Users who are viewing this thread