Will Ford do a track experience with this car???

Cman01

hello
Established Member
They did it with the 350 when it came out. I got the letter notifying me of the track experience because of my Trinity purchase in 2012 so I wonder if they will do the same thing with this car.

I also wonder if they do it, who will get a letter? Will Trinity purchasers get one or maybe only 350 purchasers?

Tony

LostM

Established Member
Hope so, we were invited to the track day at Pocono. None of us owned a mustang previously. Would like to do it again

Cman01

hello
Established Member
When I went, it was a choice of Road America, Laguna Seca, or Lime Rock. Would've done RA but it was a bit far and I had time constraints with work and stuff so LR was the only option for me.

Snoopy49

Established Member
img20190205_10221163-2.jpg

Cman01

hello
Established Member
^^^^That's different than what I'm talking about. The 350 thing happened in 2015 around the fall before that car became available for purchase. At the time current owners of Shelby vehicles (usually GT500) were sent a letter telling them they can register to attend a 1 day "orientation" about the 350.

You then get to go out on track to drive the 350 with an instructor riding shotgun to get a feel on how the car drives at speed (depending on your comfort level).

Snoopy49

Established Member
I remember reading about an instructor being asked about track attack day for the new 2020 GT500 and he wasn't looking forward to the experience of dealing with an inexperienced owner in a 2020 GT500. Me thinks it may not be as forgiving as the GT350.

1FASFKR

Established Member
I remember reading about an instructor being asked about track attack day for the new 2020 GT500 and he wasn't looking forward to the experience of dealing with an inexperienced owner in a 2020 GT500. Me thinks it may not be as forgiving as the GT350.

You probably seen me comment on it from one of my posts. During my Track Attack event back in April I asked the Instructor if there was going to be a GT500 Track Attack.

His exact words were - "GOD I HOPE NOT!" "How would you like to ride shot gun in a jet with someone who never flew a jet before?"

I don't think they're looking forward to it very much. They were nervous enough in the passenger side of the 350. Lol.

LostM

Established Member
1 instructors perception, is not the end-all however. Had I attended the Carlisle event, or any other event that Jim or Carl were at, i would ask that question, since its one they could percievably answer, instead of the non stop clickbait questions

Users who are viewing this thread