Will gas prices effect the price of sport cars?

ryanjoachim

Established Member
Was just curious what everyones thoughts were gas raised to 3.65 for reg here today and was thinking if it would affect the prices of sport cars?

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Highly unlikely. The people that can afford sports cars can afford to fill them up. It will be more inconvenient for sure, but not a game stopper.

-Eric

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
it shouldnt, my mustang GT got 26mpg interstate and 20mpg city, my truck now only gets 19mpg interstate, -65000 city

shauncurt

Established Member
Usually a sports car is disposable income. Here and there you get someone who puts all they have into there sports car so its a daily driver also. There will be less of them buying because running it everyday is to steep. So Yes, less buyers drives the prices down I would say.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I remember when the price of Premium was up $5.00 a couple of years ago, the L's prices plumeted (SP?). I should have waited another year to get mine.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
I remember when the price of Premium was up $5.00 a couple of years ago, the L's prices plumeted (SP?). I should have waited another year to get mine.

yup thats when i sold mine. it got to the point between the payment insurance and gas i was broke if it actually drove it more then twice a week. it was about 125 bucks to fill it up

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
yup thats when i sold mine. it got to the point between the payment insurance and gas i was broke if it actually drove it more then twice a week. it was about 125 bucks to fill it up

$125 to fill up isn't too bad. My Excursion holds 44 gallons of diesel. At the current rate of $4 a gallon, it costs $176 to fill the tank.

Tkaugh29

Established Member
i dont get why it would affect sports cars prices. or prices of any vehicle for the matter, it might affect demand for certain (large suv) vehicles.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
i dont get why it would affect sports cars prices. or prices of any vehicle for the matter, it might affect demand for certain (large suv) vehicles.

Because cars use gas, and people want to pay as little for gas as possible.

Hence why Geo Metros were selling pretty high and why dealers couldn't move SUVs last time people got in a tizzy about gas prices.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I went by a BMW dealership yesterday and they had a shit ton of smart cars parked right out front.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I went by a BMW dealership yesterday and they had a shit ton of smart cars parked right out front.

Dealerships are getting smarter these days, when the prices are up on gas they whoop out there "MPG" line, when gas is down, there "Sporty" line comes out in the front lol. Funny.

siLversLeigh

Established Member
when price of gas goes up the price to build the cars will go up, they're not going to lower the price if thats the case. obviously this only affects new cars tho

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Yep, unusual high mpg's as always on svtp.

My Cobra averages like 31mpg.

haha! yeah right, more like 10mpg if I'm lucky. :banana: Oh well, I've put less than 10,000miles on her in the last 6 years.

Users who are viewing this thread