Will Push The Buy Button Next Week

cjd223

Established Member
Here's my take on the supercharger scene. A Paxton/Vortech must have a $1,200 Circle D. A TVS does not. After the smoke clears they both cost about the same. The Paxton/Vortech would require me to butcher up the front of my '12 GT. A Procharger does not. OTOH I don't care for the location of the Procharger air filter. I guess at this point I am leaning toward a TVS of some kind. The easiest TVS install is the Magnacharger. That one seems to be limited due to it's inlet configuration. My needs are 600-650 RWHP. I have not found any info as to the kind of HP the Maggie makes at 10 lbs of boost.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

kingcobra323

Established Member
I'd say tvs. All my buddies with them love them and they drive like stock with instant torque. My buddy car is daily driven and on his race tune runs 10.1 @131 he drives it 150 miles to the track and runs

Posted via Topify on Android

cjd223

Established Member
Guess I will see who wants my business on a TVS. Several choices there. VMP, Roush, Ford Racing etc. I already have the tuner. What I am wanting is a 10 psi complete package minus the tuner + BAP and proper sized injectors.
BTW Ford finally fixed the differential problem after 8 weeks of trying.

Last edited:

BrianH87

Established Member
Whatever you do, don't buy a blower based on how easy the install is. Everyone is intimidated by the grinding on the timing cover for the roush / vmp. It really isn't anything. Use flap discs and cut wheels on an angle grinder. As far as price goes, if you find a summit racing 10% off coupon, you can get a roush phase 1 blower for 5200. That's what I did.

Bgoins

Established Member
Could be wrong but I think the Ford Racing supercharger is a Whipple where as the Roush/VMP are Roots type. Slightly different in how they get the job done

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
Could be wrong but I think the Ford Racing supercharger is a Whipple where as the Roush/VMP are Roots type. Slightly different in how they get the job done

You mean Twin Screw vs Roots? Whipple is a brand.
And I thought the FRPP supercharger was a roots, I'm no expert on it though.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Do you care about the longevity of your stock shortblock? (assuming yours is)

5.0 Silverback

Established Member
If you're an A6 go TVS hands down no question. (My setup)

Paxton/Converter is also another option for the A6. But I honestly question the street ability of this build. It will be a track monster though. Paxton has potential to run better ET's if going deep 9's is a concern of yours.

If your a manual either is nice but you may have more off the line issues with the TVS as the TQ hits harder and faster...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
they all make enough power to kill your motor.

A complete Paxton setup can be had for about $5-5500 including injectors and a tune.

A complete TVS setup is about a thousand more but folks love the instant torque.

Turbo add another thousand but widely considered the best if you are looking long term.

Best bang for buck... Paxton... its what I did because im a cheap ass. And I LOVE the kit. Car Effin rips.

Users who are viewing this thread