Will the 03 IRS handle 6,500rpm launches with these mods?

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
I'm putting an 03 IRS in my 99 Cobra. It's got a Procharger and should make about 450rwhp but only about 425rwtq. I will have M/M diff bushings, Billetflow brace, airbags in both springs, and 26x10 ET Drags. I plan to leave the line about 6,500. Am I crazy?

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
if you can keep it from squating it will.....if the stock shafts break, get some level 5's....so far I have 40k on my stockers and god knows how many track passes and low 1.5 60ft's.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
broke7 said:
if you can keep it from squating it will.....if the stock shafts break, get some level 5's....so far I have 40k on my stockers and god knows how many track passes and low 1.5 60ft's.

That's what I like to hear! I've got airbags on both rear springs, so that should help with any squating issues.

SeeJay

Established Member
postban said:
Mine hooks fine at that launch rpm......RED PILL

+1

Have 8 out of the 11, and I literally have zero hop. Some might say that replacing most of the bushings isn't worth it, but that was one of the biggest improvements. She grabs and hauls like a freight train, even with a high rpm launch. The next time I address the suspension, level 5's and mount brackets will go on (plus a balanced ds to help reduce driveline noise).

Users who are viewing this thread