Will the terminators drop in value this spring?

Will the terminator drop in value when the 5.0 is released?

• Yes

Votes: 53 21.1%
  • No - it's still a cobra!

Votes: 164 65.3%
  • Yes - only temporarily due to excitement about the 5.0

Votes: 34 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JStyles

Established Member
The arrival of the 2011 GT is fast approaching...

Now that there's another AFFORDABLE (gt500 is too much for most) mustang with 4 valves, six gears, and 400+ horsepower; will the terminators drop in value? Even if only temporarily...

Vote/give your opinions.

1) Yes - permanently.

2) No - it's still a cobra!

3) Yes - temporarily, while there is excitement about the new 5.0

Last edited:

boatcop1

Established Member
i voted no just because of its limited production. it will always hold a cult like value and following ie; 80's GN, 93 Supra, 03/04 Cobra etc. it wil stay up for a while.

JStyles

Established Member
i voted no just because of its limited production. it will always hold a cult like value and following ie; 80's GN, 93 Supra, 03/04 Cobra etc. it wil stay up for a while.

Great point! Those are the two cars I always compare the 03/04's to in terms of value.

I do however, think that it will drop temporarily due to the excitement about the 5.0.

That could be some wishful thinking though, as I'm currently looking to buy an '04 lol.

boatcop1

Established Member
yeah they may a bit. I just dont see them dropping to what you can geta 99-01 cobra for. I think they will eventualy bottom out around 12-14k for an average mileage car in good condition and around 15-18 for a low mile show piece. but thats my opinion. Similar to the 93 Cobra! that car is 17 years old and still worth 12-20k depending on condition and miles, not too shabby for at the end of the day what is still a mustang.

kmadona

Established Member
No, these cars were only built 2 years. The true enthusiast will know.
The GT500 and Supersnakes can't be compared. The new body style and technology of the newer mustangs are in a league of their own, but they are not the terminators.

bluestang41505

Established Member
i think 03/04 cobra's will go down in price for one reason only. Everybody wants a 2011 GT. There will be alot of Cobra owners trading theres in for one, mainly cuz its round the same performance stock as on 03/04, but not 7 years old. So according to supply and demand, the supply should go way up and the demand down, cuz the demand will now be on the 2011.

For the posts saying the cobra is rare, it is, but the 5.0 is iconic to the mustang as well

TWISTEDCOUPE

Established Member
maybe

However, alot of 03/04's have been paid off, so many will hold on to thier cars since dealers won't give you much for trade in. just my .02

wjk

Established Member
I would think the value would drop a little more then usual. The Cobra is one of the fastest Mustangs ever built specially with an easy tune and pulley, but it just doesn't have the modern feel. I see people all the time saying they want to trade their Cobra in so they can go buy a new vette or something. I think a lot of people want that upgraded interior with all the features and benefits you would receive with it. Many people have had their fun with the Cobra that I could see now want to trade up.

This new 2011 is not just your "next year's Stang", this baby is a contender! It dominates the Camaro SS and the SRT 8 Challenger, and perhaps would have beat a stock Terminator. 2011 Ford Mustang GT vs 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS vs 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Comparison - Motor Trend

Anyways, I can see why a lot of people would have never considered trading for an 05-10 model since they didn't really have the power. The 2011 has it all though, looks (starting to grow on me), power, handling, and modernity.

Last edited:

945LSTANG

Established Member
everything depriciates...period. saying that they won't is just wishful thinking IMO.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
i think 03/04 cobra's will go down in price for one reason only. Everybody wants a 2011 GT. There will be alot of Cobra owners trading theres in for one, mainly cuz its round the same performance stock as on 03/04, but not 7 years old. So according to supply and demand, the supply should go way up and the demand down, cuz the demand will now be on the 2011.

For the posts saying the cobra is rare, it is, but the 5.0 is iconic to the mustang as well

Speak for yourself. No forced induction no care

bluestang41505

Established Member
Speak for yourself. No forced induction no care

ok well what about an fi 5.0 with only a supercharger NOTHING ELSE no cai, no ehaust, etc. Do the math 415 at even 35% hp gain.... thats 560 at the fly. At 50%, which most supercharger companies give there numbers is 623 at the fly.... and that stock with only a supercharger no other mods, can the motor handle it, only time will tell.

Drazga

Established Member

:beer: it would be sweet if they skyrocketed in price like the 93-98 supras.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
I see a few 03-04 owners selling to buy the new 5.0. I voted no on them losing value though, I agree on the 2 year production note. Supras and terminators are 2 of the most respected cars out, I cant see either dropping much EVER lol

Last edited:

dom418

Established Member
I voted no only because the Terminator is still a niche vehicle and the new GT's will be mass produced; they will be everywhere. I think Terminators will still depreciate over time just not as much as a GT will.

Last edited:

mrose75

Established Member

No offense, but reading your post I knew you didn't drive a Terminator. Most Cobra owner's scoff a the idea of trading down to a 2011 GT. While it is comparable in power, tranny and a newer model, the 03/04 Cobra is more than that. One, everyone is gonna be driving the GT. Two, a lot of people don't care for the new body style(I think it's better than the 05-09). Three, consider the price difference. Mine's paid for, I'm not getting into another car note for a GT. Four, potential. What you can do to a Cobra and what you can do to the 2011 GT.... Yeah, there's nostalgia attached with the 5.0, but there something stronger attached to the underrated, S/C whining, wheel hopping, limited edition 2003/2004 Terminator. Sorry Coyote fans, it's just not the same thing.

04cobra8u

Fellow SVT Poster
Established Member
No offense, but reading your post I knew you didn't drive a Terminator. Most Cobra owner's scoff a the idea of trading down to a 2011 GT. While it is comparable in power, tranny and a newer model, the 03/04 Cobra is more than that. One, everyone is gonna be driving the GT. Two, a lot of people don't care for the new body style(I think it's better than the 05-09). Three, consider the price difference. Mine's paid for, I'm not getting into another car note for a GT. Four, potential. What you can do to a Cobra and what you can do to the 2011 GT.... Yeah, there's nostalgia attached with the 5.0, but there something stronger attached to the underrated, S/C whining, wheel hopping, limited edition 2003/2004 Terminator. Sorry Coyote fans, it's just not the same thing.

+1 , Regardless of what new toys i get, i will always keep my Terminator!:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread