Winter time blues

SVT4ME

Established Member
Wow thats cold. Any snow on the ground? Thats why I love Vegas but summer it will be 120 degrees here.

sonic03snake

Track Whore
Established Member
Only an inch or so. I love Vegas, i go there for the SEMA show every year, It was cold this year though. I went to the midnight mayhem at the strip on friday night and had to buy a coat.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
OMG! Mt. Pleasant PA! I grew up in Scottdale. :beer: Didn't realize yunz had the internet.
:D

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by sonic03snake
I know what you mean, TX would be great about know. How long ago did you leave PA?
Texas is ok...I don't miss the snow, but I miss real trees.
I left PA in 93, but I have a large extended family in that area and get back about once a year. I'm hoping to drive the 03 up sometime this summer.

wjfawb0

Established Member
Hey, nothing wrong with 5 degrees. Heck my old eaton cobra makes almost 15lbs of boost at that temp. With a fat arse tune you can run around spining your tires all day. :D

-Jason

FKing1

Established Member
Check out my thread Snowed in Mystichrome. I too hate this crap. Am a former Clairton, PA resident so appreciate your feelings about weather. At least we don't have the hills here in Mich!
Fred K.

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Didn't realize yunz had the internet

I just put it all together racerat... Between knowing about the comp. orange in Greensburgh and your previous comment on this thread...

Only people that grew up in western P.A. know what 'yunz' means :)

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by stangfan
Only people that grew up in western P.A. know what 'yunz' means :)
LOL! Someone finally caught that! I don't think it even phased sonic03snake. :lol:

BoneCrusher

Established Member
OK Racerat, ever hear of Indian Head (grew up there), PA? Connellsville school district and we JUST got the internet there yesterday, LOL

P.S. I prefer the 'yinz' spelling in the "city" and the 'yunz' spelling in the "country"

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by BoneCrusher
OK Racerat, ever hear of Indian Head (grew up there), PA? Connellsville school district and we JUST got the internet there yesterday, LOL

P.S. I prefer the 'yinz' spelling in the "city" and the 'yunz' spelling in the "country"
OMG! Southwestern Pennsylvanians are coming out of the woodwork!
My aunt lives in White, PA. I have a cousin in Indian head. I graduated from Southmoreland.
Since when is Indian head a city? LOL

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Wow it's like a long lost southwest PA hillbilly reunion. Chances are I (or my family) know your cousin. I meant Pittsburgh for the yinz and Indian Head for the Yunz. Lived in both, a friend of mine drove to Indian Head w/ me but blinked and missed it so she had to pull a uuey, LOL. I can tell you when I drive the '03 home it is the ONLY '03 in Indian Head. The snake loves those mountain roads I grew up on, just gotta keep my deer radar on!

mmartin 6

Established Member
Originally posted by FKing1
Check out my thread Snowed in Mystichrome. I too hate this crap. Am a former Clairton, PA resident so appreciate your feelings about weather. At least we don't have the hills here in Mich!
Fred K.

I almost bought a business in Clairton - that's a burb of Pittsburgh, right ? It was a bitch to get to off the I79.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Have you noticed how many folks are "from" that area but don't live there now? LOL
Seriously...it's beautiful country, I just can't handle the cold and snow. The Fall season is incredible.

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Have you noticed how many folks are "from" that area but don't live there now? LOL
Seriously...it's beautiful country, I just can't handle the cold and snow. The Fall season is incredible.

I moved away for a couple reasons... 5-6 month long winters, cold as hell, and the economy back in '96 was nowhere nere as good as the south-east. It is beautiful country up there. I love to go and visit my family.

BTW: 1990 Penn-Trafford grad here. (Westomoreland Co.)

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Last night after I got out of work it was 10 below with a windchill of 35 below. The Cobra definetly didn't like being started in that kind of cold. Took a solid 15 to 20 min before heat. Should be "warming" up in the high 20's to almost 30 this weekend WHOOHOO.

Users who are viewing this thread