Wiring with roush/ford racing/whipple kits

Djstorm100

Established Member
What is the purpose of pinning and re-pinning of the connectors on these kits? Why do you need to? Just curious about it.

stangn

Established Member
repinning

I was wondering the same thing! i understand the ACT sensor and intercooler pump but why not have the right ends on the extension harness. hopefully it sounds worse than it is because my 2.9 is waiting in the garage for install on my 13 A6. good luck to you.

Tucker

It's not hard and it's because male or female ends are not available for many of the connectors yet.
Remember, many of the females are part of the throttle body or IAT or whatever it's plugging into.

Nobody has the terminal only parts to make it plug and play yet.

Djstorm100

Established Member
It's not hard and it's because male or female ends are not available for many of the connectors yet.
Remember, many of the females are part of the throttle body or IAT or whatever it's plugging into.

Nobody has the terminal only parts to make it plug and play yet.

I'm asking why do they have to re-terminal, they are pluging in to the same sensors as before right? Therefore why the need to swap the wires around in the connector?

I know how to do it and have been wiring up cars/boats/race cars for about 6 years. I don't have a kit but was looking through ford racing instructions while on the throne. Got curious when eletrical part came up about repinning connectors.

The aftercooler pump is a no brainer, but I'm not asking for a "how to" asking why.

Last edited:

alex12gt

Established Member
Its very very simple i used a bobby pin to do it and after i found the trick i did it in under 20min.
...but vmp does offer pnp setup for like $120 but you still have to tap off the computer for the iat but like i said it not hard just take your time

zachcrosen

Established Member
When I get my Roush this spring, I plan to get the Cmp harness to nit have to mod my stock one. For $120, its worth it to me!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

zachcrosen

Established Member
If I sell the car in the future, I don't want to have to repin. If its only 1 or 2 connectors, that's not bad but if its a bunch then ill buy the harness.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread