Woman fired over pic at Arlington.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
xlarge.jpg

"While visiting Arlington National Cemetery last month, Lindsey Stone thought it would be amusing to snap a photo of herself "disrespecting" the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier by flipping it off and pretending to make noise.

She later uploaded the photo to her Facebook page, thinking her friends would get a kick out of it as well.

To her chagrin, many of the comments she received were decidedly unsupportive of her shenanigans, so she decided to try and nip the outrage in the bud by posting a mea culpa of sorts."

original.jpg

Glad the skank got a little insta karma.

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Wow. U see shit like this more and more these days. ppl just have zero respect and think it's funny.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
OP's post is pretty far off.

1st off, she works here: https://www.facebook.com/LIFECapeCod

From their FB: LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc., is a non profit organization that provdes supported independent living for adults with disabilities within its condominium communities on Cape Cod, Massachusetts

So that would include veterans.

2nd. She was there on a work sponsored trip with people from the home. The picture was uploaded by another coworker.

16040_114057365423943_1785022609_n.jpg

So quick summary, she works with disabled veterans, took veterans to Alrington, had a fellow coworker take that picture, while they were both working. The organization's prior FB status saying they were looking into things had over 10,000 comments when they took it down this afternoon. It now says both of them are on unpaid leave. We will see what comes of this.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
The kicker is that she worked for a non profit that helps adults with disabilities and that she was at Arlington on a company trip.

UncleDan

Established Member
What a bitch. She lives near me too. I'll dump a mug of beer over her head if I ever see this obnoxious TURD out on the town...

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I was off by saying she was fired, I'm guessing that'll happen in time. What else was I wrong about?

Lacking the details that tie it all together. She wasn't an accountant who took that pic herself on her free time, and then got fired. That would call in some major freedom of expression debates. She worked with veterans, was there on the clock possibly with veterans, and had the picture taken by a fellow coworker. That makes it an open and shut case.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Lacking detail isn't incorrect. Doesnt matter either way.

Well I may be wrong, but people have died for our rights, even as ignorant as this women's picture. If she wasn't on company time, in several states, I think they would have a hard time punishing her.

jojomofo21

Twin Screw Yourself
Established Member
As an active duty military member who works in that cemetery everyday and has friends buried there, I find this extremely disrespectful. Why would someone go to the most sacred place in America and act like a complete fool? This is sad.

Sent from my iPhone while I should be working.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
regardless of the details.....by far one of the dumbest people around, not even remotely funny

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I dont care about the context of who what where and when she did this, Id have punched the bitch in the face had I seen her do this.

I can say I HATE that picture. Loud, obnoxious, disrespectful **** comes to mind when I see this. Just because we live in a country where we have the right to do this, it sure as hell doesnt mean that anyone should.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
A picture is worth a thousand words. No matter what the details might be, not only she was breaking the rules of the cemetery, she was very disrespectful to the people who gave their lives for her country allowing her to enjoy that trip she was on. Maybe she will have a little bit of respect next time.

jmsa540

Established Member
*No Respect*... Perhaps we need to ship her to Afghanistan... Then we'll see how she feels...

Last edited:

662HP631TQ

Established Member
Tasteless is the only way to describe it. I don't want to bring her physical harm or yell at her. I just hope that she realizes how perception becomes reality. She needs to think things through a bit more. Life is much more public these days, and the internet will hang you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread