Won't go into gear

CrazyBoost

Established Member
So about a month ago I did a third gear pull getting onto the highway and when I went to shift into fourth the peddle was extremely hard to push and it wouldn't go into gear. I ended up having to have it towed since it wouldn't go into any gear. I figured the trans had finally given up since it had a grind going into fourth before. So I had it rebuilt by a reputable shop and now that I have it back in the pedal is still hard to push although not as bad as before and it still won't go into gear while the car is running. I don't know what else it could be since the clutch looked fine and the clutch cable was replaced about six months ago

bubblehead93

Established Member
what did the reputable shop discover during the tranmission rebuild?

what kind of clutch linkage setup do you have? stock? aftermarket? what components?

clutch pedal hard to push has nothing to to with the tranny...

what did the clutch and TOB look like while the tranny was out?

CrazyBoost

Established Member
Pretty much everything in the transmission is now new. (The previous owner tried to drag raced the car for cheap.)

Unknown firewall adjuster, unknown quadrant, stock cable, centerforce dfx clutch.

The clutch looked fine other than paint falling off the pressure plate. I put a new throw out bearing in with the transmission.

mhinchley

Established Member
My DFX clutch was worn out as far as it could be worn and still acted fine. FYI. I was surprised when I got it out, that it was so bad, cuz was still working well. Going auto, and only reason I yanked it.

Users who are viewing this thread