Woohoo banks are finally open!

Snoopy49

Established Member
The Thread reads the Banks are open! They need to be in order to pay for one these new Shelby’s... LOL

Actually the Order Bank needs to be open before orders can be placed. You don't pay until the car is built and delivered to your dealer and you sign the paperwork and take delivery of the car. Assuming your dealer had an allocation and it was used on your car.

LostM

Established Member
A dealer like @13COBRA (Nick) would have access to that information. My opinion, for what it's worth, is Ford has the final say when it comes to production scheduling, not the zone rep.

Yes, maybe he can chime in to clarify. From reputable sources elsewhere. Dealerships can assign 10-99 priority, it would take a zone rep to move it to 01-09, in all cases. However, Shelby's are diffferent in that the Zone Reps prioritize the builds, regardless of priority #.

Thats the way i believe it was explained. It would be nice for Nick to confirm or correct that information. We would all be better of for it

themik99

Established Member
Hey guys. I’ve been religiously reading the board every day since the 2013-2014 GT500 days but rarely post. I know this is a long shot but it can't hurt to ask.

After 18+ months of working with my dealer (started working with them the morning after the first teaser trailer came out at NAIAS in January 2018) I got the news that they're selling the dealership and the new owner would be making decisions about how to sell the GT500 allocation(s) they will receive.

It might still work out OK, but honestly I have very little faith that the deal will happen. Historically the dealer has been awesome to deal with, refused to take deposits until confirmed allocations were received from Ford, sold all Ford Performance/SVT vehicles at MSRP, and gave me no indication this deal would be any different than when I got my 2014 GT500 from them.

So my now long story short: my deal looks to have fallen through, and I'm hoping that someone will know a dealer contact that I can work with that has a Golden Ticket available. I know I'm most likely screwed at this point on price, but Step 1 has to be finding a dealer that can order a CFTP car. I'm in the Midwest but am willing to go wherever if the dealer is reputable. Specs would be CFTP and vinyl stripes. I'm also canvassing other dealers too but no luck so far.

If anyone has any leads let me know. Thanks to all of you guys, this place is an awesome resource with a great group of members!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Hey guys. I’ve been religiously reading the board every day since the 2013-2014 GT500 days but rarely post. I know this is a long shot but it can't hurt to ask.

After 18+ months of working with my dealer (started working with them the morning after the first teaser trailer came out at NAIAS in January 2018) I got the news that they're selling the dealership and the new owner would be making decisions about how to sell the GT500 allocation(s) they will receive.

It might still work out OK, but honestly I have very little faith that the deal will happen. Historically the dealer has been awesome to deal with, refused to take deposits until confirmed allocations were received from Ford, sold all Ford Performance/SVT vehicles at MSRP, and gave me no indication this deal would be any different than when I got my 2014 GT500 from them.

So my now long story short: my deal looks to have fallen through, and I'm hoping that someone will know a dealer contact that I can work with that has a Golden Ticket available. I know I'm most likely screwed at this point on price, but Step 1 has to be finding a dealer that can order a CFTP car. I'm in the Midwest but am willing to go wherever if the dealer is reputable. Specs would be CFTP and vinyl stripes. I'm also canvassing other dealers too but no luck so far.

If anyone has any leads let me know. Thanks to all of you guys, this place is an awesome resource with a great group of members!
@13COBRA is you best hope on this board. I *think* he had 1 oe 2 allocations left. Dont get your hopes up as they may be gone, but he's the man to talk to here. Stand up guy for sure.

themik99

Established Member
Did you sign a purchase agreement?

Unfortunately no. The dealer’s policy was never to do anything official until allocations were released. It was never a problem before, but this selling of the dealership situation has thrown a wrench in everything.

hognutz

Established Member
What is the story on the CF package. I have a friend trying to buy a car that way and the dealership is just giving him the run around. I told him I would ask here since in my experience the local dealers here in Oregon really don't seem to communicate reality very well.

Is it just late availability or is it like the R package on the gt350 they just won't make many of them?

stangfreak

Established Member
I'm surprised by how many people want the silver. I've owned a number of silver cars. Normally you don't see many 500's in silver. I would like to see it with white or blue stripes.
The newer mustangs look amazing in silver.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Ford refuses to meet demand. They have instead opted to create the Willy Wonka Golden Ticket Mega Dealer Reward Program.
I don’t the the company has the ability to bust out 40k cf wheels to the quality the need to be.

How many would pay $8k for a CF package without the wheels?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Honestly, it's probably kinda late in the game to be scoring a 'good' deal on one.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I have been trying to find pictures of the standard Shelby® Exclusive Aluminum Instrument Panel and have had no luck. At least that's what I thought, it turns out the standard panel finish looks a lot like the carbon fiber panel.

Thanks to Kyle at Ford Performance who took the time to take a few pictures of a base 2020 GT500 that was sitting in their garage.

It looks like I will be saving $1000, the standard dash panel looks pretty good.

Here are the pictures of the base Shelby® Exclusive Aluminum Instrument Panel.

GT 500 Base Car Interior 1.jpg

GT 500 Base Car Interior 2.jpg

GT 500 Base Car Interior 3.jpg

Comparison between Carbon Fiber and Standard finish.

GT 500 Interior Compare.jpg

SlowShelby_TX

Established Member
Ford refuses to meet demand. They have instead opted to create the Willy Wonka Golden Ticket Mega Dealer Reward Program.

I understand limiting track pack cars, but not the base cars. I was honestly quoted 30k over for an allocation, and that was before the golden ticket nonsense. A $75k base car will naturally limit itself.. Limiting allocations for base cars gives dealers the leverage to pull this crap. If they said they will build as many base cars they can sell, it would be easier to find a car without the b.s. If I can't find the right deal, I will most likely end up in a redeye, os a zl1 1le. I will just have to deal with it while having a daughter named Shelby.

LostM

Established Member
Do we know how many members here, or here +G6 have gotten vin #s/ build dates?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I don’t the the company has the ability to bust out 40k cf wheels to the quality the need to be.

How many would pay $8k for a CF package without the wheels?

CR has continually upped their capacity and increased production numbers through both public and private investment in Australia. Producing 1,500 CF cars is 6,000 wheels. Barely a scratch. There will be fewer R models. Name the other OEM's using CR for an OEM model...

As for their aftermarket CF wheel sales, when was the last time you heard of anyone buying a set of CF wheels from them? How many sets of those do you think they sell in the US? The number is very low.

Ford isn't limited by CF wheel production at the levels we are talking about. I've pined for a version that includes the GT4 wing along with everything else but the wheels since the moment the car was announced. Many pull them off anyway and go with a Forgeline, etc, as they are concerned with damage and replacement cost. That said, Ford would still strictly limit production of a version without the wheels too (but with the wing, etc).

Snoopy49

Established Member
Do we know how many members here, or here +G6 have gotten vin #s/ build dates?

I think there were 3 members on G6 that had received their VINs with Sept build dates (week of Sept 23), They were in DE, PA and FL. There was one here from FL, but he was a new member and could have come from G6.

Users who are viewing this thread