work place burn down

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
north building of the plant where I work burn down on Christmas day at around 11:00 am, it was all over the news here in chicago, took 160 fireman and 5 hours to put out
with all the BS going on, today is my first day off since and just able to post the pics
sorry thay are kind of dark, there was no power on the whole block when I took them

P.S. I realized that this is not lightning related and this post should be in the pics and vids area but I really don't care what the 18-20 year olds with a cobra that Daddy bought them think about this, they will not understand what this means for hundred of employees affected by this, "lucky" for me I am a salaryed employee and still get my full pay, if moderators want to move it go ahead.

work001.jpg

work002.jpg

work003.jpg

work004.jpg

work005.jpg

work006.jpg

work007.jpg

work008.jpg

this last 2 pics are a view of the now non existent roof
work009.jpg

work010.jpg

Last edited:

LSUstang05

Established Member
I'm 20 and I truly feel bad for all the guys that are going to get laid off or are going to have to go find other work because they wont be getting paid. I hope nobody was hurt during the fire and that everybody made it out OK (financially or otherwise)

dizzygoat

Established Member
good luck man, and i feel for you. My last job was salary and it sucked, but i guess this is one time salary comes in handy!
Is that a boiler i see? i used to have to run/work on one and i was terrified everytime i had to mess with that damn thing, not to mention it was older than me.

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
good luck man, and i feel for you. My last job was salary and it sucked, but i guess this is one time salary comes in handy!
Is that a boiler i see? i used to have to run/work on one and i was terrified everytime i had to mess with that damn thing, not to mention it was older than me.

no there is no boiler on that building, the boilers are on the next room but the fireman where able to put out the fire before it got the them

Users who are viewing this thread