worlds fastest 2006 GTO w/ NOS- Tune - Exhaust VS. 2007 GT500

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
As you can see in my sig, i have maybe 1 mod or two done to my 2007 GT500.

So i was working on my car this morning pulling vacuum trying to suck any possible air out of the lines to see if that will correct my clutch issues i have been having. So jumped in for a quick test drive to a gas station to throw in some 93 octane. While getting back into my car from pumping gas this GTO comes hauling a$$ into the pump right next to me with his windows down & music turned up so loud it was shaking my mirrors lol. Then of course, he had to let me hear the frightening sound of his Ls2 engine by revving it not once, not twice but 3 times to almost what sounded like redline:lol1:

I couldn't help but to look at the guy and as he looked at me and i just said nice car man. I had my windows down already when i pulled in so when the guy got out of his car he told me nice car as well and i said thank you. THEN, he proceeded to give me a history lesson about Shelby and all the cars he has owned, Pontiac rules, He knows how to drive better than anyone, he is the greatest driver ever, a Vette this, a Camaro that, 5.0's are slow, All the GT500's he has raced and beaten blah blah blah.

So i decided WTH i guess i can play along and see if i can get a race setup by hustling him and then smash his hopes & dreams. So i told the guy nice car then asked "whatcha got done" and he replied he had exhaust with a tune for 93 octane and a 125 shot of NOS and a "couple of other things" he said as if he was hustling me LoL. He even showed me his purge valve and had to purge it as if no one has ever seen one before blah, blah. Then he asked me what mods i had done to my car and within a millisecond i just blurted out, "just exhaust, with a pre-loaded tune good for 15 HP" LoL. ( i know, i know, i'm going to hell for lying but the guy was kind of a douche, IMO he needed my help with a reality check)

Before i could say anymore he asked if i was up for a quick run on the highway :rockon: So i said "i would love to go for a quick run but there is no way i'm gonna be able to keep up, i'm just stock with exhaust & tune" LoL.

His exact reply was and i quote "Its ok, most GT500's cant keep up with me with mods" :lol1: This is going better than i thought LoL.

So we both get on the highway with no cars in sight,

Race 1 - we go from about 30-35 roll (i started in 3rd gear on purpose LoL) i honk it off and let him take the hit then i go 3/4 throttle to instantly pull even with him and i hold the throttle at 3/4 to stay within his rear bumper all the way to 110 mph then he let out. i guess he had me at a fender LoL. Hey i lost, a win is a win.

I pull up next to him and tells me "man your the first GT500 that has EVER stayed with me!" I said man i guess i just got good traction. He then tells me "Yeah i spun when i hit the bottle that's why you were able to keep up" LMFAO.

I asked if he wanted to go just one more time, he said "sure let me show you what this thing can do" Okayyyy

RACE 2 - again from 30 MPH roll (this time im in 2nd gear, ready to unleash the beast) oh before i honked us off he made sure to hit his purge valve LoL, this guy was just to much LoL. So I honk it off and let him take the hit again. I drop the hammer in 2nd gear and my KB starts singing its #1 hit song called "19 psi" ;-)

As i pass the GTO ( it was quick it was hard to see) if only i had time to take a pic of the guys face! It was priceless LoL. So i stay WOT go into another zip code on this guy. I go into 3rd hard and take 3rd all the way to 4th and shut down at 130 mph with the GTO hell i don't know how far back he was, 6 or 7 cars i guess, i don't know but i do know it wasn't pretty, for him.

So i slow WWWWAAAAAYYYY down for him to catch up and here is the best line ever. Does he say good race, or ok you got me, i got beat or anything to that sort? NOPE.
He says "man my NOS bottle is heat soaked and it pulled my timing down" :dw: W T F. Are you serious LoL. I don't think this guy knew what heat soak was or anything about cars but it sure was funny. He didn't even ask me again what my mods were or call me out for lying about my mods. This guy really thought his car had issues and that's why he lost LoL.

It wasn't even worth commenting on. I asked if he wanted to race a 3rd time and he said he didn't have time and had to get home. He took the next exit and i just rolled home. One of the best but bizarre encounters i think i have ever had.

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
lol. Bottle is heat soaked? Thats a good thing... Most people pay for that.

Glad you bruised his ego. well done sir. how much power does your GT500 put down?

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Lolol enjoyed the story, felt like I was there lol, and i was about to call bs on the 3rd gear punch until I saw u made 700+ lolol classic... How'd your clutch turn out? My McLeod does the same thing. I have the clutch line with bleeder coming

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
What a putz.... The GTO now being 8-10 years old has made them affordable so we are seeing younger douche bags buying them, giving them a bad name...

Nice kill.

Last edited:

railroad

Established Member
I enjoyed every minute of it. I might have played it different. I once paced the other driver at part throttle, as he struggled to inch ahead. I let him have a couple of feet and then rolled into the throttle. It was one of those, they almost stepped out of the car to see why it stopped. Great run and story.

03 deadpool

Established Member
Nice kill op must have been rough the first race trying not to give him hell. Saw a yellow 04 gto for 7000 recently.

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
haha...nice kill at the end.

Every brand has a dude like this retard that is an embarrassment to all who own the same car.....

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
07's are the best everyone knows that. I cant' stand people that act like they have the fastest car on the planet.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Good kill, great story. It's amazing idiots like that can actually figure out how to use nitrous.

Users who are viewing this thread