• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Worried about my intercooler pump.

Discussion in 'Engine/Tuning' started by 4601S/C, Sep 5, 2013.

1. 4601S/C

4601S/C Member Established Member

I was at the track tonight and in the never ending battle against IAT2 temps I jumped my inter-cooler pump. After it had been running for about 10 minutes I turned it off, and when I did noticed that there was a small stream of bubbles coming from intake hose for the pump. I then tried jumping it again and found that the pump pushes hard enough to force the aerated portion of the coolant low enough that it gets taken in. I'm thinking I may need to prime the pump to make sure it doesn't have any substantial air in it. The car still seems to run fine and reservoir is at the proper level. Should be worried about this or is it normal?

2. TRQJUNKIE

TRQJUNKIE Justa Slobra Established Member

If your getting a constant flow/bubbles to the IC tank then you pump is working. If you only get flow intermittently then its time for a new pump

3. 4601S/C

4601S/C Member Established Member

But is it normal to see the bubbles (only small ones) coming from the lower hose on the reservoir after the pump turns off? I was worried that it was taking in some air with coolant.

EDIT: I got it figured out. The system had air in it & a pump that was going bad. I replaced it and filled/burped the system. All is good now, and my charge temps are right at Ford spec (40 above intake aka IAT1). Hope this helps someone.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013