worst automotive trends.

matt87

Established Member
so whats everyones opinions on the automotive world as a whole, oem, and aftermarket. i have a few "trends" that i dont like right now, from the oem gotta be the bagel sized, flat bottom steering wheels, and the over use of all these goofy looking led headlights. anyone ever consider folks with smaller hands or women? these steering wheels are getting smaller and thicker all the time. the led strips inside the headlights look well executed on some, and just plain stupid on others. for the aftermarket, its gotta be the pastel colored wheels the ricers are using. they can have any color car, say a silver civic with neon green sparco wheels. dont know when that trend started, but wish it would end. any others care to shae what erks them in the automotive world these days?

matt87

Established Member
oh ya i forgot the over stretched tires. god thats bad.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Plasti dip anywjere on a car. Leave that crap for teenagers.

ThomasL

Established Member
Plasti dip anywjere on a car. Leave that crap for teenagers.

I have Plasti Dip on my Shelby emblems/badges. Matches the Matte Black stripes perfectly. :shrug:
I agree that it can be way overused/poorly done though.

Anyways, my pet peeve has to be those ****ing gigantic eyelashes i've seen on the headlights of mini coopers and VW beetles.

Last edited:

MachJoe98

Make it Bacon
Established Member
This:

50e516567150f26c570d7c8d43115ff4_zps85546dc7.gif

bullitt1672

Established Member
Mildly agree.....my silverado has ugly wood grain interior in it. I painted those pieces flat black and cleared them. Haven't met a single person yet that prefers the wood grain.

I just did the same thing this weekend, got rid of the ugly "wood grain" in my sierra. The bezel around the radio and the trim pieces on the dash I used some black 3M vinyl wrap, kind of a black brushed look, and spray painted the other small pieces. Still don't know what I'm going to do about the .5" strip around the steering wheel.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
how about the european standard thats creeping in on US cars where the hoods and bumpers are a certain height to keep from shattering bystanders knees or cracking heads after being hit by a car.

thats why the new mustang looks hideous in the front end and a bunch of other ford cars.

i guess ppl dont know how to stay out of the street.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member

looks like someone broke the suspension lol. stances are really stupid. its for poor people that have cars with little wheel wells but till want an 18x10.5 rim. everytime i see that, i post a pic of a mustang with 335s or 345s on the back properly installed with something like "this is how men put wide rims on a car." heh. trollin' =D

Users who are viewing this thread