Would a supercharger from 03 cobra work on 01 gt???

higgins363

Established Member
get wanting to know if an eaton off of an 03 04 cobra would work on an 01 gt, and if so what would need to be done to it?

FutureCobraGuy

Established Member
I'm pretty sure this is the wrong forum for this...but i'm new here too.
There is an excellent article for an '01 cobra install of an '03-'04 blower and a complete list of parts. Not sure if it is the same of the GT but it is on this site. Go through and look around. I believe it is under the tech section 4V/Cobra or something like that...they can help you over there.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
I'm pretty sure this is the wrong forum for this...but i'm new here too.
There is an excellent article for an '01 cobra install of an '03-'04 blower and a complete list of parts. Not sure if it is the same of the GT but it is on this site. Go through and look around. I believe it is under the tech section 4V/Cobra or something like that...they can help you over there.

No, its definitely not the same for a gt compared to 99/01 cobra and 03/04 machs.

Do a search and you will see how hard it will be to try and do a eaton setup. You are way better off going with a Centri.

svtleen

Established Member
Even if you were to get an 03 complete Eaton with all the accessories to swap at a ridicoulous cheap price. I think it would be very labor intensive and cost you more and may encounter problems with the install than to just get a prochrger or Vortech kit.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
They make a kit for this, company is called TorkTech or something like that. As for swapping directly from an 03, not gonna happen. Different heads on the GT means that the lower won't work and therefore the blower will not either.

Users who are viewing this thread