Would this be a good combo?

Batwood

Established Member
Sorry to make a potentially redundant thread. I've read at least 50 clutch threads now... but here's my plan:

Spec Stage 3+ (I'd like a Mcleod RXT but can't afford it)
Fidanza Aluminum flywheel
Steeda Quadrant
Fiore Adjuster
Stock Cable
Ford Racing TOB
Lethal TOB Sleeve
Liberty 26 spline input shaft (with spacers)
Adjustable Pivot Ball
Ford Racing Pilot Bearing
ARP Bolts
... maybe a clutch fork just because?

I am also going to do the "anti-venom" mod and might consider the clutch freeplay mod.

There isn't much argument on any of these items except for the clutch itself.
I hear a lot of people suggest the promotion clutches, but then again quite a few were bashing them. Spec clutches had a few bad reviews, but for the most part, people liked the Stage 3+. If I could afford the RXT, I'd get that, but for now... I can't. Planning on a 2.9 whipple this winter. Currently just over 500whp. I drive it on the street when I feel like and usually hit the track a decent number of times each year.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I'll be doing the work myself in a shop. Sounds like an awful lot of work though, with all these parts going in. :/

Termilvr

Established Member
spec stage 3+ should be fine for your setup, thats what i would have gone with if i didnt go with a rxt. back when i was looking for clutch setups it seemed the 3+ worked better with the a steel fly wheel. I would go with a d&d input shaft, i heard they are better. you wont need a adjustable pivot ball unless you are going with a twin disc clutch. the job isnt to bad just take your time and do proper break in.

Batwood

Established Member
Good to know about the pivot ball. I might as well buy one anyway.
That seemed to be an issue with installs, so one less thing to mess with would be awesome.

My only real concern (if the pivot ball isn't a problem) would be getting proper end play adjustment on the input shaft. Seems like the .034 shim is the way to go from what I've read.

Thanks for the info!

Termilvr

Established Member
Good to know about the pivot ball. I might as well buy one anyway.
That seemed to be an issue with installs, so one less thing to mess with would be awesome.

My only real concern (if the pivot ball isn't a problem) would be getting proper end play adjustment on the input shaft. Seems like the .034 shim is the way to go from what I've read.

Thanks for the info!

when i used the d&d input shaft and the stock shim i checked the endplay twice and it was good both times.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
I have the Spec 3+ and Billet Fw. Clutch is great. softer than stock. Only chatter I get is if I bog it taking off. Or in Reverse.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
the promotion clutch kits are cheap and have been getting alot of love lately. you might want to look into them

Users who are viewing this thread