Would this look stupid

Would 275's look stupid on 10.5 inch wheels on the rear?

• Yes, don't do it

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • No, it will be just fine.

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
I have 18x9 on the front and 18x10.5 on the back, I like the deep dish look on the rear...

I currently have 275's on the front and 295's on the back

Problem is the tires I want don't come in 295's

Would it look stupid to put 275's on the rear on 10.5 rims?

Anyone ever done this or have pics avail?

Thoughts are appreciated...

Ken

:beer::beer:

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Ken, it'll look stupid. I have 295's on my 10.5" rear wheels right now, and they look stupid. A 10.5" rear wheel should have at least a 315 on it.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Thanks Mike, how big can I go without having to mod anything or run spacers?

Will 305's fit without shaving the bolt? :shrug:

Thanks,

Ken

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Ken, are you lowered? that bolt is actually inside of my 18" wheel when my car is on the ground right now. I wouldn't let it stop you from tire selection no matter what though, Maximum Motorsports sells some flat topped (hex) bolts for 20 bucks to replace the factory ones. I'd just include that in the price of my new tires when I ordered them if I were you.

305's would probably be ok, but if you can, I'd go 315's. My understanding is they fit with no problems. If your tall enough to be worried about the bolt, that MM bolt replacement set should take care of the issue, and it won't take long to replace at all.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Ken, don't worry about what you're putting on the back of the Focus.
I keep telling you....Its Front Wheel Drive! :bash:
.Extra doses of sarcasm since you beat me in Fantasy Nascar

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Ken, are you lowered? that bolt is actually inside of my 18" wheel when my car is on the ground right now. I wouldn't let it stop you from tire selection no matter what though, Maximum Motorsports sells some flat topped (hex) bolts for 20 bucks to replace the factory ones. I'd just include that in the price of my new tires when I ordered them if I were you.

305's would probably be ok, but if you can, I'd go 315's. My understanding is they fit with no problems. If your tall enough to be worried about the bolt, that MM bolt replacement set should take care of the issue, and it won't take long to replace at all.

Thanks for the info..

I am not lowered, still have the 4wd version ;-)

Umm, perhaps I need to start looking at diff tires then...

Ken

Greg, you have only just begun to lose :lol::lol: it will get worse:eek:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Since when did you start to worry about looking stupid? lol.

A 275 is to small for a 10.5" wide wheel. a 305 will work and will not rub the IRS bolt, lowered or not. I had 305 Nitto DR on mine with the H&R sport springs, which sit very low, and did not have a rubbing issue.

Are you sure that your wheels are 10.5" wide. I remeber you having the chrome 18" FR500 replicas on your car. From what I have seen sold the 18" versions only come in 10" wide. With that being the case, a 305 would be the perfect width.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Since when did you start to worry about looking stupid? lol.

A 275 is to small for a 10.5" wide wheel. a 305 will work and will not rub the IRS bolt, lowered or not. I had 305 Nitto DR on mine with the H&R sport springs, which sit very low, and did not have a rubbing issue.

Are you sure that your wheels are 10.5" wide. I remeber you having the chrome 18" FR500 replicas on your car. From what I have seen sold the 18" versions only come in 10" wide. With that being the case, a 305 would be the perfect width.

Thanks Doug, and now I have to admit I am not Positive on the 10.5 vice 10..

Maybe Darryl will chime in, they are his old ones...

Ken

:beer::beer:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I think Doug is correct, your wheels are probably 10" wide, in which case you want the 305. As for the springs though, I have those springs on my car now (the H&R SS springs) and the car is so low that the bolt in question is actually inside of the wheel...so the tire can't rub. lol. I'll swap out the bolts eventually though, because it does hit the tire when I jack the car up, and it's a little annoying.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Yeah Scott, what Rodaney said... I have tracked the Cobra now, so no more garage queen jokes....

However, it has not moved from the garage since :lol::lol:

too much snow..

Scott, VIR March 26,27...take the P

Ken

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Ok, who voted and said they wouldn't look stupid? Whoever that was, get out of the thread. Bad Human. Bad.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Hey Mike, what's up with this thread and your posts today?
Outside it says you last posted Today (Tue) at 1:59 PM, but inside it still says Yesterday at 11:51 PM. :shrug:

You riggin' the vote? :poke:

MACA.jpg

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
JP wants me to run 4/3-4/4 weekend. Haven't sat down and thought anything through yet.

Gregory, this car can't handle the heat. Especially four 20 min. runs around Shenandoah without overheating I am sure. I would have to do some more cooling mods, or pull off the whipple. Would also have to go 17s on the wheels. The 18s would rub when I dipped hard into turns on the SCCA runs at Fed Ex.

Users who are viewing this thread