Would you buy a new '03 Anniversary or a new '04?

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member
Just looking around and came upon a new 2003 Torch Red Anniversary SVT Cobra Coupe - sharp, sharp car. I was also looking at a new 2004 Screaming Yellow Coupe :)bowdown: :bowdown: ) and both cars are brand new, still at the dealer.

I got a price of $28,900 on the '03 and $31,600 with the rebate on the '04 (the '04 has a rebate/low interest deal), neither deal includes tax, doc fees, etc.

The '04 has chrome wheels , the '03 does not. And since the '03 has the Anniversary Package, it has the sharp interior.

I love the Torch Red but the Yellow just grabs me by the throat. Tough choice in my view!

So which one is the better deal? Also, are there any mechanical differences between the '03 and the '04? I also saw that the '03 had a "Gas Guzzler Tax" added but the '04 did not - what's up with that?

I was thinking the prices would be even better - do these sound reasonable?

Thanks!

IDAREU

Banned
Those prices are too High, especially in the fact that they include rebates! Way too high!
The 03 is two model years old already. Wait until the 05 hits and then see what kind of deal you would get then.

detsvtdealer

Established Member
There will be no 05 or 06 Cobras in production. The next Cobra will be an 07 Production Model with the new chasis. As far as deals go, I've got a few in stock that may interest you. Feel free to email me for details.

Rwick7

Established Member
I was faced with the same decision and got a 10th. I like the wheels and interior, however 04's weren't that cheap then and it might be a tougher decision now. I paid 29k for my 10th new about 3-4 months ago. Good Luck

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
The '04 might be a little high based on what others have paid recently. At this point, you should be able to pick that car up for invoice - rebates...maybe even better than that.

Invoice on a '04 coupe with chrome wheels is $33,300. Take off the $2,500 rebate and you're down to $30,800. You could play hardball and offer $30K even on the '04. There might be a dealer or two here in Dayton with a screaming yellow coupe left.

If you can get the '04 for closer to $30K, I'd tell you to go that route (and I have a torch red 10th myself!). I think I'd rather have a car that's a year newer for just a slightly higher price. Remember...in two months that '03 will be 2 years old already in most people's eyes.

-Greg

PARALYZER

Unatural Aspirations
Established Member
I was faced with the same scenario a few weeks ago. Get an 04 with all of the rebates or an 03 anniversary with 1,500 miles on it. I was going for the 04 until i saw the two cars in person. I had never seen an anniversary car in person and i fell in love. As you can see, I went with the anniversary and am glad I did.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
The anniversary edition has awesome seats and wheels. It would make me feel kind of guilty modding it since it is a little more rare. I am going through the same deal right now, except I am deciding whether to buy a used anniversary or used '04. Decisions, decisions.

Jpjr

Established Member
go anniversary.. i did.

i had the same decision. it was easy when i saw both cars. my 03 10th vert, right next to an 04.

the red badges are awesome, with interior and wheels. and don't forget all the carbon fiber in the interior.

much better looking. you'll love it. get a vert if you can thier even nicer :)

Shanezam203

Established Member
I ended up getting the 03 tenth only because I wanted Red, and I didnt want a used first run Red Cobra. So I had to either get a different color 04, get a used 03 red, or get what I got a new 10th. I really love my 10th Anniversary. I get a bunch of compliments on the interior and I got a lot of compliments on the rims. They didnt do anything for me, so I switched them out with regular 5 spoke Cobra rims. But I havent had any problems with the car, I'm sure you shouldnt get the 04 either. I'd really focus on price. If they can make the 03 worth your money, get it. Otherwise go for the newer year and get the 04.
Good luck man, Shane

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
I would personally go for the 04 Screaming Yellow. Sexy and will remain very desirable.

I picked up my white 03 Coupe two months ago for 25118 plus TTL. They should be able to go close to that on the 10th your looking at.

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member
Thanks for the replies so far! I love both cars (still, the yellow is just so "in your face"! :rockon: ) and apparently they need to drop the prices a little more. I'll hardball them and see what happens. The prices I got were just a first pass deal; no hardball yet.

That will come. :beer:

Last edited:

UCBeau

Yellow!!!!!!!! :D and you definetly can do better, way way better on those prices. So play hardball and best of luck to ya!

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
damn, both cars look awesome!! red and yellow both stand out but the 10th has the quality of being an anniversary edition and may hold a bit more value if you decide to keep it. don't get me wrong the screaming yellow is sick!!

ksizzle

Established Member
Hey Jpjr since you mentioned it i've always been curious, do the 10th aniv have like a carbon fiber dash kit or what parts are carbon fiber¿

jk03cobra

Established Member
I would get the 10th. Like a few others said, they are much more rare. I have one and have not seen another one on the road in the area where I live. I believe they only made 2003 of the 10th anniversary models. ( I could be wrong though, someone correct me if I am)

Users who are viewing this thread