Would you buy this car?

kustom_efekt

Established Member
It's a 2000 v6 auto. 150k with light front end damage(girl hit a deer)

Needs about $500 in parts plus paint

u9evupuv.jpg

dy2ada9a.jpg

I can buy the car for $1000 and figure I'll have another $1200 in it for rehab. Going to paint it dsg and throw a set of gt take off wheels on it. Trying to decide if I want to buy it and keep it as a DD or do a quik flip and pocket somewhere between $1000-1500

Blue book as $3500 private sell and $4700 retail

Opinions??

blacksheep-1

Established Member
GT hood..check
Cobra facia..check
tinted headlights...check
Lowering springs, bump steer kit and @x ball joints...check
Decent wheels...check

good daily driver.

kustom_efekt

Established Member
I absolutely would if that were the only damage. Have you personally inspected the car? I have always wanted a clean v6 as a daily, though.

Other than the damage it's clean all in all. The current owner has had it for 10 years and is ready to move on. It's dirty, but mechanically sound, clean title, etc..

coposrv

Established Member
Depends on how the damage will be reflected on the title. If its stays relatively clean yes for a flip. If it doesn't buy it and DD it. Sounds like a fair price

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
nope ... unless you can do all your own work that is more than 1200 in damage and if you are going to change the color you costs to repair it are going to be way higher than the 1200 you think. unless you have a paint bay and can do 100% of the work.

kustom_efekt

Established Member
Parts are right at $500

Paint/prep will run me roughly $600 and I figure another $100 in misc. random stuff

All work will be done by myself in my shop. Tear down and rebuild will not be a big deal..... I've even contemplated going with a 4.6 swap while I'm at it lol

kustom_efekt

Established Member
Damage will not show up on the title btw... She got the deer, drove the car home and parked it. Never turned it in on insurance as she had/has liability only

Users who are viewing this thread