Would you rather have an SN95 Cobra or Edge GT?

Raven519

Established Member
ok so since you drove one fox for 7 years that means that they are all as reliable as yours :thumbsup:

Actually now that I think of it, I daily drove 3 different fox bodies all at different times. An 86 GT T-Top, an 88 5.0 Coupe and a 93 Coupe and all were maintenance hogs. The stupidest things would go out on all three of them.

Aside from the engine, there isn't a single thing on all three of those cars that I DIDN'T replace, straight down to the tab/tad solenoids on the passenger shock tower. 2nd gear went out on the '86, the AOD on the 88 and 93 both went south fast and slipped worse than a wet pig.

Sorry, daily driving an aging and unrefined fox body is the stupidest idea in the world. Anyone who takes your advice to daily drive one, haha well proceed with caution. I sent out my warning, i've said what I needed to say and we can just leave it at that. You've had your experience I've had mine with 3 different foxes. Don't get me wrong, I love fox bodies but i'll never daily drive one again.

its not a dumb idea to daily one, thats just your opinion so i take it like that. Like i said my car was extremely reliable, even in the snow it wasn't bad. Plus it had minimal issues over the years, and of course the parts i replaced because i wanted to mod the car.

Don't generalize all fox's because of your issues with yours. Not all are gonna be headaches.

If i had to i'd daily one again. But when i do get another one, i'll have another vehicle to drive because i'll want to keep it in as good as condition as possible.

brisk_tea

Established Member
with the prices of 94-98 cobras, great deals, and a lot of mods before you get to new edge price. not too mention they have nice clean lines..

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
The funny thing is the tan interior doesn't really bother you after a while, you kinda get used to it. Then you see a car with nice black leather and you wanna blow your brains out. lol

Haha THIS! I don't know what ford was thinking in the color department on that one. That cat poop brown comment almost made me fall out of my chair. It's true though, you try to get used to it and then another mustang rolls up next to you and u want to slam ur face against the dashboard. I love my Black with Red inserts for the 10th package...especially since the red matches my TR paint.

I'd definitly hands down, without even thinking about it go with the sn95 cobra. Its like that old book Animal farm.... 2 valves good 4 valves better!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
1998cobrax1024.jpg

1998cobra21024.jpg

SN95 Cobras are some of the best looking Mustangs ever. I'd still love to have one.

50 Proof

Established Member
its not a dumb idea to daily one, thats just your opinion so i take it like that. Like i said my car was extremely reliable, even in the snow it wasn't bad. Plus it had minimal issues over the years, and of course the parts i replaced because i wanted to mod the car.

Don't generalize all fox's because of your issues with yours. Not all are gonna be headaches.

If i had to i'd daily one again. But when i do get another one, i'll have another vehicle to drive because i'll want to keep it in as good as condition as possible.

a fox body is an aging platform in which the newest fox body is turning 17 years old with most Fox Bodies already being well over 20 years old. I don't care what you say, 17-23 year old cars are not reliable anymore.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
i`m going to say 97-cobra prefer cause issues with 96`s & the weird crossbreed stuff the did to the 98`s & not a big fan of the sohc motors unless boost is thrown @ them

i`ve had a few of both

but the like hybred said is a good idea

loved my mach want another one

i want a termi swapped SN-95 also the SN is one of my all time fav. body styles
when i comes to new-edge its 03-04 cobra & 03-04 mach-1`s & really like the mach`s with the 99-01 front bumper swap

Last edited:

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
How is this even a question? The ONLY way I'd take a new edge GT over a clean SN 95 cobra is if it were supercharged and saleen kitted.

thasalvoo

I have a 96 HCI gt black on black in the market.... im taking offers on if you're interested. Ill have pics up by this weekend

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
ok so since you drove one fox for 7 years that means that they are all as reliable as yours :thumbsup:

Actually now that I think of it, I daily drove 3 different fox bodies all at different times. An 86 GT T-Top, an 88 5.0 Coupe and a 93 Coupe and all were maintenance hogs. The stupidest things would go out on all three of them.

Aside from the engine, there isn't a single thing on all three of those cars that I DIDN'T replace, straight down to the tab/tad solenoids on the passenger shock tower. 2nd gear went out on the '86, the AOD on the 88 and 93 both went south fast and slipped worse than a wet pig.

Sorry, daily driving an aging and unrefined fox body is the stupidest idea in the world. Anyone who takes your advice to daily drive one, haha well proceed with caution. I sent out my warning, i've said what I needed to say and we can just leave it at that. You've had your experience I've had mine with 3 different foxes. Don't get me wrong, I love fox bodies but i'll never daily drive one again.

Sounds like you had a bad run of luck to me man. I've also had 3 of them (still have one) and all of mine were good cars. The one I had now I started rebuilding at just under 200k miles, and it gave me almost no trouble at all. I had an 88GT before that which gave me a couple of issues over 2 years, and I also had a 93GT convertible with a blower on it that I drove for a while.

Now...I will agree that I wouldn't recommend one for daily driver duty, but for reasons other than reliability. I love my fox to death, but it's loud, rattles, and drives like crap in foul weather. It has no anti-lock brakes, and lacks a passenger side airbag. The SN-95 makes for a better DD, esp the 4.6, although while I was still DD'ing the cobra I found myself missing the fox bodies hatchback more than a couple times.

To the OP, if I were you, I'd drive both a cobra and a GT in the same afternoon and see which one you like better. Don't take our word for it.

chinchilla

Established Member
new edge GT, I like the styling a lot better. If I had one I'd do it in flat black everything, saleen kit with center exhaust, IRS, gutted, make it into a badass looking track car. Thats just me though.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I've had both. My '03 GT vert I bought with weld-in flowmasters in it and built it completely up. Vortech s-trim, full exhaust, and completely redid every part of the suspension except for the stock k-member and spindles. Even put an '03 Cobra IRS in it. Still had the stock trans, clutch and longblock though. My '98 Cobra I bought with pretty much everything already modded and have redone a lot of it so far. Built motor, T-trim, T56, built rear, built suspension, everything.

After driving both in similar fashion, I'd say without a doubt that I loved my GT way more. It drove better and just felt like a better car to me. I sold it because I got into offroading a bit, but then realized I missed having a fast car that handled like a dream. The interior seemed nicer for some reason, even though it's pretty much the same. I just like the new edge body style more and I had an '03 Cobra bumper on the GT which made it look really good. Got more compliments on the GT as well, especially from girls.

Users who are viewing this thread