Would you trade up

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
just wondering???? where is there any info that says there is going to be a "350"? Seems I've missed that somewhere and this is the only place that keeps mentioning it.
Is this dreaming or reality?

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
I am never trading in my 2014 GT500. However, I may get a triple yellow 2015 turbo four track pak for a different type of driving experience.

NametoShowOther

Established Member
just wondering???? where is there any info that says there is going to be a "350"? Seems I've missed that somewhere and this is the only place that keeps mentioning it.
Is this dreaming or reality?

Road and track, motor trend, jalopinik, ford, svt performance, automobile, mustang6g, edmunds, oh and a whole bunch of internet conspiracy theorists all have mentioned rumours about the gt350

Fast_5.0

Established Member
Some you stated you were considering trading up for the better motor, but wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy an aluminator than take a hit on the trade (regardless of what you have paid off or down to)? It's like choosing to spend another 30-37k on a car vs paying 8-12k on modifying ur current car.

10splaya22

Established Member
Some you stated you were considering trading up for the better motor, but wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy an aluminator than take a hit on the trade (regardless of what you have paid off or down to)? It's like choosing to spend another 30-37k on a car vs paying 8-12k on modifying ur current car.

I don't think you will lose 8-12k worth of value for trading the car in. Plus modifying the car will make it lose more value.

I think I may add a Gt350 along side of my 2014 Shelby GT500,in 2016 or see if Ford produces another Boss refering to a Boss 351,or the Big boy Boss 429.
We can only hope Ford does this.

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
I think initially it would be hard to make a case for the early S550s against the later 5.0 equipped S197s if you already own the latter considering the size difference and weight savings are not as significant as thought, and how power so far seems to be on par with the outgoing model rather than being a large increase. However, if you are a big handling person (which a lot of people are IMO), the IRS would justify the purchase - I think Ford has done an amazing if not almost in-human job of making a solid rear-axle car grip and handle well, but ultimately you can't remove some of the major disadvantages of the setup no matter what you do.

Still waiting on the GT350 specs, being so little details are being released for that at the moment there is so much wild speculation of its capabilities and I don't even think there is an official confirmation from Ford about its existence yet, just leaked documents and screenshots.

I think the trade-in case would be stronger if a mid-life upgrade similar to what the S197 experienced (i.e. 100hp+ increase) occurred, at that point the '11-'14 GTs won't be as new any more and some owners might be wanting to trade up.

Slammintone

Established Member
Would not trade up to the 2015 model they're calling a Mustang. Me? I'm calling that car the Ford Fusion II. For my money Ford has chopped off and removed to many of the Mustang calling cards for the 2015 version.

Astenax

Established Member
Nope! Im giving the Stang to my son in 10 yrs for his first car! By then im getting my Porshe 911 that ive always wanted!

Slammintone

Established Member
For my money Ford has chopped off and removed to many of the Mustang calling cards for the 2015 version.[/QUOTE

As in what calling cards?

Where to begin? Basically, there's not much left save the tail lights and the rampant Pony logo to identify it as having any lineage to the last of the Mustangs, you know, the one you are or could be driving now. Not saying the 2015 car looks like crap, it just that it appears Ford is after the Fast and Furious crowd with a car that looks like it could have come out of the Nissan factory. In the 2015 *Mustang* I can find more stying cues from the Ford Fusion than I can with the outgoing Mustang. Truth is, theres not much excitement nor stong show of support for the new car on the SVT forum either. Just 196 threads as of 2/27/2014? Ford could have done so much better with the evolution of the Mustang and kept the American musclecar lines that were strong in the last Mustangs but oddly, they took a left turn and got on the rice racer/eurozoomer track with this new car that doesn't appeal to me one bit. Naturally, this is just my opinion but if I was shopping for a 2015+ performance ride I wouldn't even bother with Ford now. A year from now you'll see the young kids with the 4cyl version zooming around with the ground effect lighting, furious fartcans blasting in full force and boomin' rap music pounding the door panels. That's who this new car is going to appeal to.

Last edited:

40calcobra

Established Member
Where to begin? Basically, there's not much left save the tail lights and the rampant Pony logo to identify it as having any lineage to the last of the Mustangs, you know, the one you are or could be driving now. Not saying the 2015 car looks like crap, it just that it appears Ford is after the Fast and Furious crowd with a car that looks like it could have come out of the Nissan factory. In the 2015 *Mustang* I can find more stying cues from the Ford Fusion than I can with the outgoing Mustang. Truth is, theres not much excitement nor stong show of support for the new car on the SVT forum either. Just 196 threads as of 2/27/2014? Ford could have done so much better with the evolution of the Mustang and kept the American musclecar lines that were strong in the last Mustangs but oddly, they took a left turn and got on the rice racer/eurozoomer track with this new car that doesn't appeal to me one bit. Naturally, this is just my opinion but if I was shopping for a 2015+ performance ride I wouldn't even bother with Ford now. A year from now you'll see the young kids with the 4cyl version zooming around with the ground effect lighting, furious fartcans blasting in full force and boomin' rap music pounding the door panels. That's who this new car is going to appeal to.

Lol ok your post didn't state any of the missing calling cards! Ford will sale a ton of these cars and I can bet thats fords goal!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I don't think you will lose 8-12k worth of value for trading the car in. Plus modifying the car will make it lose more value.

32k Marple selling for 24-25k brand new. That's a 8k loss right there depending on purchase price. Plus the ttl which CA is near 10% or another 3k dollar loss.

I agree modding the vehicle would be the same loss as a trade or more with loss of warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread