Would You???

ssgator

Established Member
In attempt to build a great DD street car, go with an 03/04 Cobra and mod it, or get a 89-93 FOX and build it? It would have to brake well, be reliable and out run 98-99% whats on the road........what and how would you do it?

Thanks..........

LBSVT93

Established Member
when u say mod a 03/04 cobra or a fox are u looking for a 600 plus hp daily driver? fox body cam intake heads all the bolt ones forged motor and s-trim......

bssmith1220

Established Member
A 500rwhp cobra is a lot more streetable than a 500rwhp fox, and the cobra already handles and brakes well.

dalamar_96

Established Member
A fox is lighter than a cobra, and you can get impressive numbers from a properly
built 302 with a turbo. Weight is a consideration if you want to be all that.

If you go fox, You'd wanna do suspension and brakes too,
Cobra's a better looker, no doubt.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
How much time do you have to devote to the car? It's a DD but is it your primary DD? If so I would have to say 03/04. If its a car you wouldnt mind driving to work a few times a week that you don't count on 100% of the time, go with the Fox. I loved my Cobra and I love my LX. I like the raw feel the LX has and how loud, smelly and just down right obnoxious the car is. It makes you feel like you are going fast. The Cobra however was the complete opposite, more of a refined (lack of better words) powerband that just kind of doesn't stop.

ssgator

Established Member
I work 4 miles from the home. I just want a solid all-round package. So braking upgrades, etc I am fine with doing.....

Users who are viewing this thread